About Our Rescue Group...
B.A.A.R.K. Dog Rescue focuses its work on the rescue, compassionate and extraordinary care, and placement into permanent loving homes of homeless, unwanted, neglected, and suffering animals, with a focus on senior and/or special needs dogs. The Organization is an all-breed, foster-based no-kill Dog Rescue.
In addition, the Organization shall strive to educate the public on critical animal-related issues, and partner with other Organizations having similar values and objectives.
Our Adoption Process...
1. Complete B.A.A.R.K.’s adoption application in its entirety. Prior to submitting an application for a particular dog, we encourage you to research the breed so that you understand the characteristics and needs of the animal.
2. After submitting the application, a B.A.A.R.K. adoption coordinator will contact you (assuming you are the primary caregiver to/adopter of the new dog) to review your application and conduct an initial phone interview.
3. A representative of B.A.A.R.K. will contact your references and verify the veterinary information that you have provided on the application for pets currently or previously owned. Please be sure you inform your references that you have provided their contact information to B.A.A.R.K. and that they will be contacted.
4. If, at any time during the adoption process, we conclude that the dog of interest is not a good match for your household, your application will be kept on file for one year. You will not be required to complete another application during that time period if you find another dog you are interested in adopting from B.A.A.R.K. Dog Rescue.
5. After the initial phone interview, if B.A.A.R.K. has decided that the dog of interest to you may be a good fit for your household, a “meet & greet” will be arranged, either at the home of the foster family or at your home. If the first visit is preferred to take place at the foster home, a second visit will be arranged at your home.
6. B.A.A.R.K. will bring the dog of interest to your home for a meeting with ALL family members and ALL other pets within the household. The purpose of the home visit is to ensure that the dog you have chosen is appropriate for your living situation and lifestyle. Please note that ALL FAMILY MEMBERS AND ALL FAMILY PETS MUST BE PRESENT FOR THE IN-HOME INTERVIEW. More than one meeting may be required during the adoption process to ensure the best placement possible for the dog and the household.
7. When you have made the decision to adopt a dog from B.A.A.R.K. Dog Rescue, we ask that you to spend 1-2 days thinking about the decision, in order to ensure that you are making the best choice for the dog and your family. A same day adoption is NEVER an option.
8. Once the decision is made to proceed with the adoption, an adoption contract must be reviewed, completed, and signed. B.A.A.R.K.’s adoption fee is non-refundable. You may also be asked to provide a separate check(s) of $150 as a fence deposit, obedience training deposit, and/or spay/neuter deposit. Check deposits will either be destroyed or returned upon completion of the required action.