top

My name is Sadie!

Italian Greyhound/Whippet Mix Dog for adoption in Harrodsburg, Kentucky - Sadie
Add me to your favorites

I'm being cared for by:
Hoppers Halfway Home Animal Rescue

Facts about Sadie

  • Breed: Italian Greyhound/Whippet Mix
  • Color: Tan/Yellow/Fawn - With White
  • Age: Young
  • Size: Small 25 lbs (11 kg) or less
  • Sex: Female
I was bought as a pit bull puppy but as I grew up as you can see I am not a pit bull. My family no longer wanted me. They bought a pit bull puppy and I had to go. I went to my Nana's house until I can find my very own home with someone that will love me for me...I get along with kids, cats and other dogs. I absolutely love people. I sleep in a crate or I will sleep in the bed with you. I am almost potty trained. About 90%. But I am really smart so I know I will get the other 10% really fast... Please contact my Nana at pattycakes738@yahoo.com to fill out an application for me... Thank you Sadie..

About Hoppers Halfway Home Animal Rescue

About Our Rescue Group...

We are not a big place. We are an all volunteer no kill facility. We opened in May of 2011. We have had over 250 adoptions since opening. We opened the rescue because there were not enough places in our area to help all the dogs coming into the shelter. I can have up to 25 rescue dogs. That means there are 25 more getting out of the shelter than before we opened. There are two of us that work full time taking care of the 25 rescue dogs and my own personal pets.

If you are looking for a way to help the animals we would love to talk to you about joining us as a volunteer. We need morning, afternoon and weekend help.

We have at least one adoption event a month. We would love to have more but to do that we need more help.

Some of the things on our wish list are: Dog food. Dry adult and puppy, canned adult and puppy, treats, collars, leashes, sweaters, etc. We also need bleach, laundry detergent, fabric softener, Pine Sol, Odo-Ban (disinfectant) can get by the gallon at Sams Club. Paper towels, toilet tissue, baby wipes, etc. We can always use monetary donations for vetting, medicines, grooming, gas for transports, etc.

Come Meet Our Pets...

We are located in Harrodsburg, Ky. We are open Tuesday through Fri, by appointment, for you to meet our furkids. Our hours are from 1:00 to 4:00 pm. We will open on Sat, Sun and Monday by appointment only. We do at least one adoption event a month at Tractor Supply in Danville, Ky. We have a lot of events in the works so please check with us on what we will be doing.

Our Adoption Process...

We do require you to fill out an application. We will let you know when we receive it and approx. when we will be able to get back to you. Usually 48 to 60 hours. We will process your application, check vet and personal references, we do google, we may do a home visit and we will do a phone interview with you. After you are approved and your new pet is ready to go home we have you sign a legal binding adoption contract. Our adoption fees are: Puppies 8 weeks to 1 year is $175.00 which includes spay/neuter, all three distemper/parvo vaccines, rabies vaccines, de-wormer, flea preventive and a micro-chip. Dogs 1 year to 8 years old is $175.00 and includes spay/neuter, distemper/parvo vaccine, rabies vaccine, de-wormer, flea preventive and a micro chip. All dogs over 8 years old is $150.00 and this includes spay/neuter, one distemper/parvo vaccine, rabies vaccine, de-wormer and flea preventive and a micro-chip.