About Our Rescue Group...
FFRAT is dedicated to keeping companion pets off the streets, out of shelters, and in loving homes through community support, education, and adoption.
What We Do To Help
Owners: We help to solve the problem with their dog, find a rescue alternative, or accept the dog into our rescue to find a new loving home.
Shelters: We assess dogs in danger of being euthanized for adoption through our rescue or find a rescue alternative in order for the dog to have a second chance.
Finders: We will help to locate the dog’s owner, assess the dog for adoption through our rescue or find a rescue alternative for the found dog.
Who We Are
FFRAT is a nonprofit corporation that started in January of 2012. We are a small group of volunteers that have come together to make a difference in a homeless dog’s life – One dog at a time.
Our Adoption Process...
We go through the following steps with those who adopt from us. The adoption counselors are available to answer any questions you might have and work with you throughout the entire process.
1. Apply. The very first step is to fill out an application and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can indicate in your application if you are interested in a particular age range or gender of dog. Get a copy of our application here. We will be looking to see if you meet our standards for adopters while we are considering your application.
2. We’ll contact you. An adoption counselor will contact you by phone or email to set up a time to talk with you about your application and about dogs in general.
3. References. We will need to talk to your veterinarian if you have one. If you don’t yet have a vet, we will speak to your personal references.
4. Find your match. Once your references are checked, we can begin to see if any of our dogs would be a good match for your lifestyle. An adoption counselor will work with you to answer any questions and help you move toward an adoption. Once there is a potential match we will put the adopter in touch with the dog’s foster parents. If everyone agrees on the placement, we will move forward with the adoption process. We rely on our foster families to have the best knowledge of the dogs in their care and their assessment of the potential match is necessary before an adoption can take place.
5. The home visit. We require that someone from our rescue organization visits your home. During this home visit, all household members who will be a part of the dog’s new life must be present. We do this to get a feel for the home life and environment a dog would experience in your home.
6. Final approval decision. The adoption counselor will notify you shortly after the home visit to let you know if the adoption has been approved.
7. Adoption fee and contract. There will be an adoption contract for you to sign before you can bring your new dog home. FFRAT charges an adoption fee that is due before the adoption can be finalized.
Puppies (2 months to 1 year) are $175.
Adults over 1 year up to 8 years are $165.
Dogs aged over 8 years are $75.
Checks should be made out to Furever Friends Rescue & Transport. We also accept payments through Paypal.
After that, you and your new dog will start a new life together! But don’t worry, the adoption counselors will continue to be available to provide guidance during the initial adjustment period and for the following months.