About Our Shelter...
*Promote the humane treatment and care of all animals within our area.
*Enforce the New York State animal cruelty laws.
*Provide education for public awareness of the humane treatment and care of all animals and the specific responsibilities of companion animal guardianship.
*Provide a facility to house stray and unwanted animals in a manner which shall sustain their health and welfare.
*Aggressively work to reunite lost animals with their guardians.
*Encourage the adoption of stray and unwanted animals.
Come Meet Our Pets...
7315 State Route 54, Bath NY 14810
Open Daily 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
Closed each Thursday & Sunday
adoptions generally end at 3:30 pm
WE SPEAK FOR THOSE WHO CAN NOT SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES" FINGER LAKES SPCA, INC.
Cruelty Investigation: 607-776-4682
Our Adoption Process...
How to adopt:
The adoption process is not difficult; it is aimed at assuring that you and your cat or dog are good matches and will have a long and happy future together.
A questionnaire gathers information about you, your family, and any other pets you may have. Then, in a brief adoption review, one of our adoption counselors will discuss your compatibility with the cat or dog you have selected.
Our standard adoption fees are as follows and help cover a portion of the cost of the services included in our adoption packages:
*If an animal cannot be spayed/neutered prior to leaving the Shelter (e.g. they are too young), we are required to charge a $35 Spay/Neuter deposit in addition to the adoption fee. Once verification of sterilization is provided, these monies are refunded.
The adoption fee for all cats includes:
• A complete physical exam at a participating veterinarian
• Rabies vaccination
• Feline distemper, rhinotracheitis, calici virus, and pneumonitis vaccinations
• Testing for feline leukemia virus and feline immunodeficiency virus, and feline heartworm
• Two doses of dewormer for round and hookworms
• One dose of flea preventive and microchipping (when available)
• 30 day free pet health insurance
Adopters are entitled to a free grooming for their newly adopted shelter companion within 30 days of adoption at a participating pet salon.
• A complete physical examination at a participating veterinary hospital or veterinary clinic
• Rabies vaccination
• Canine distemper virus, parvovirus, adenovirus, parainfluenza virus and leptospirosis vaccinations
• Two doses of dewormer for roundworms and hookworms
• One dose of flea preventive
• Microchipping (when available)
• 30 days of free pet health insurance
Silver Paws Program (Seniors for Seniors)
If you are a Senior Citizen (55 years and over) adoption fees may be completely waived for select shelter animals.