About Happy Valley-Goose Bay SPCA
About Our Shelter...
Who We Are
We are a non-profit animal care facility(charity receipts now available) completely run by volunteers and we offer the following services:
* We operate a shelter for animals that are lost, abandoned or given up for adoption;
* We investigate cases of animal abuse or neglect and all complaint calls received by the shelter;
* We deliver notices to owners who allow their pets to remain outside in extreme weather conditions (hot & cold;
* We find suitable and loving homes for unwanted animals;
* We issue pet I.D. tags and micro chipping for all animals adopted from shelter;
* We keep computerized records of all adoptions, surrender of animals, etc.;
* We also accept lost and found animals and make every attempt to re-unite these animals with their owners.
S.P.C.A. staff are available for Shelter tours as well as giving educational talks to groups such as Brownies, Cubs, Scouts, Guides, schools, etc. Our staff would speak on such issues as the humane treatment of all animals, animal abuse and responsible pet ownership. If you are interested in a visit, or a tour, please contact the Shelter to make arrangements.
Come Meet Our Pets...
We are located on what was formerly called the "old Canadian side". The shelter is located on Winnipeg Street, which is the same street that the Husky House is located on and the shelter is located between the Husky House and Universal Helicopters. We are at the other end of the block from where the swimming pool is located. We are a small white building with a huge dog bone sign on it that says S.P.C.A.
SHELTER & ADOPTION VIEWING HOURS:
Monday to Friday from Noon to 4:00 p.m., Tuesday from 5:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m., Saturday from 11:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Our Adoption Process...
$75.00 Adoption Fee. This fee includes the micro chipping of the animal plus the issuance of a Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay animal licensing tag. Only under special circumstances will this fee be reduced - i.e., animal is being shipped to coastal community, etc., where there is no reader available. Also, the adoption fee may be higher if the animal has been spayed / neutered, or has received it's vaccinations through the S.P.C.A., or shipping fees are applicable