The Pets in Progress program is HSU''s initiative to successfully place animals who are currently working on some behavioral challenges. Best with experienced pet owners, they require a bit of extra training as they work towards becoming the best companions they can be. At HSU, we know they are well worth the effort!
What I have to offer:
- I have loads of love to give once IÂve had a chance to come out of my shell.
- I love to talk even though no one seems to know what IÂm saying.
- IÂm very playful! I especially enjoy laser pointer toys!
What IÂm working on:
- Fear of change & new environments: IÂm shy at first, especially when it comes to settling in to a new home. Like many cats, IÂll need to be given a long adjustment period (several weeks) to get used to new surroundings & people.
- Handling Sensitivity: IÂm a bit uncomfortable receiving physical attention from new people. IÂm more of a Âlook but donÂt touchÂ kind of girl until IÂve had time to really get to know you. IÂm an old-fashioned lady, what can I say? Once IÂm used to you though I turn into a real cuddle-bug.
What IÂm looking for:
- A low traffic home with very experienced cat owners & no kids under the age of 13.
- Adopters who will respect my personal space because IÂm a princess & want to be treated like one.
- Understanding adopters who know it will take lots of time & patience to help me settle into a new home.
Think this might be the right pet for you? Talk to a staff member today!
*Please note that Pets in Progress adoptions are approved by HSUÂs Behavior Department.*
(If they are not available, you will need to make an appointment.)