About Mending Spirits Animal Rescue
About Our Rescue Group...
MENDING SPIRITS is a team comprised of committed volunteers, foster homes, licensed veterinarians, trainers and educators. We are able to successfully rescue animals from animal impound, high kill facilities, owner surrenders, strays and puppy mills then place them into well-paired, permanent homes. We serve as a rescue for the community while we educate and advocate responsible pet ownership, over population control, spaying/neutering, behavioral management, training, proper preventative and maintenance care.
Come Meet Our Pets...
Pet Expo, Mankato, MN
Every 2nd and 4th Sunday of the month from 12:00pm-2:00pm
Stop in with your pets to get them microchipped for $20, includes the chip, chip insertion and lifetime registration.
For more information please visit:
Our Adoption Process...
1. Search adoptable animals and fill out the application when you find one you want to meet.
2. Adoption coordinator will review application and check vet/personal references.
3. Foster schedules a “meet and greet.” This could take place at an adoption event, public place or foster's home.
4. If foster and adopter agree it’s a good fit, then an adoption home visit will be scheduled.
5. After home visit is approved, payment and adoption contract will be completed.
6. Once payment, adoption contract and age appropriate vetting are complete, the new owners can pick up their pet!
All dogs/cats are fully vetted through our partner clinics and will not be adopted out prior to being spayed/neutered*, microchipped**, vaccinated & tested, as age appropriate up to the day the adoption contract is signed and payment is made. All animals are giving wormer and heartworm preventative (species and age specific) while in foster care. Adoption fees are non-negotiable.
Adoption Fees are based on the animal's species, age, health and length in rescue. Their fee will be listed in their descriptions.
*Puppies must be at least 8 weeks old to be spayed/neutered before adoption. Kittens must be at least 8 weeks old and at least 2 pounds to be spayed/neutered before adoption.
**We do not microchip cats since we require them to be indoors.