Our Adoption Process...
All potential adopters are carefully screened through our adoption process:
· If you're interested in an animal, we'll ask that you fill out an adoption application, which we will review to ensure you and the dog you are interested in adopting are a good match.
· An adoption fee is required and you must sign the Foster Contract, which ensures that if, for any reason, you are unable to keep the dog, he/she to be returned to the Baja Animal Sanctuary only.
· Any additional donation would be greatly appreciated, and this portion will be tax-deductible. The donation goes to pay for all of the other animals in our care, many of which come to us with injuries or medical conditions that require treatment. The Baja Animal Sanctuary survives solely on donations and it is for this reason that the adoption fee is nonnegotiable.
· The Baja Animal Sanctuary reserves the right to cancel the adoption process at any time if the home situation or adoptive family has been misrepresented, if certain information was withheld, or if the dog is determined to be a better match with another family.
· All dog adoptions start out with a 2 week foster period, followed by permanent adoption.
· You will be asked to submit to a "home visit" to determine the level of safety and adequacy of the area for the dog.
For cat adoptions contact Kathleen Paymard at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our cats can be seen at the Love a Pet Cattery in the PetSmart store in Vista, California.