About Our Shelter...
The mission of Eastshore Humane Association is to promote responsible pet ownership and compassion toward all creatures.
Eastshore Humane Association is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization with a no-kill shelter philosophy. We are the only animal shelter that serves Calumet County. We support operations through adoptions, fund-raisers, contributions, grants, and bequests. ESHA does not receive federal, state or county monies. Shelter staff cares for hundreds of animals each year. Our shelter animals are guaranteed every possible chance for a new lease on life in a loving, caring home.
Our Adoption Process...
Before You Adopt: Please consider these factors before filling out an application:
1. Animals are expensive to care for. They require food, shelter, toys, grooming, and veterinary health and dental care.
2. Animals require attention. You have to clean up after their messes, protect them from anything that might harm them, and make sure they get adequate play time and exercise. Some require training, which takes patience, love, and commitment.
Adopting a Friend: Adopter will fill out an application to start the adoption process. We don't adopt on a first come, first served basis, but instead adopt based on what we feel is in the animal's best interest. We DO NOT ship animals.
1. Have verifiable identification
2. Be at least 18 years of age
3. If renting, have landlords consent to bring a pet to your home
4. All adopted pets must be spayed or neutered
5. All pets must leave the shelter on a collar and leash, or in a pet carrier
6. Agree to all terms of the adoption contract; ESHA reserves the right to deny any application