Come Meet Our Pets...
Iowa County Humane Society is open the following hours:
Tuesday through Friday: 1:00pm to 5:30pm
Saturday & Sunday: Noon to 4:00pm
Closed on Mondays & holidays
ICHS is located at 305 Co. Rd. YZ, Dodgeville, WI
Our Adoption Process...
Every effort will be made to approve an application as soon as possible but some applications may take longer to be processed. ICHS staff will notify you when that process has been completed. Please be advised that no animal will leave the shelter until the completed application has been researched and verified! We do not process same day adoptions!
A pet is a long-term commitment on your part and you MUST be able and willing to spend the time and money necessary to provide training, medical treatment and proper care for the pet. Pets are not toys, trinkets, or "cute" gifts. They're living, breathing animals and they can't be tossed aside when you're tired of "playing" with them. If you don't think you'll be able to devote all the necessary time and care to a pet, now or later in the future, think VERY carefully about getting one!
1. Complete the adoption application below. This speeds up the process considerably. However, there may still be a minimum 24 hr. waiting period to process the application depending on when the application is received.
2. Provide verification that animals are allowed in your home. To do this you must provide one of the following:
Your renter's lease
Your landlord's name and telephone number
Proof of Home Ownership
We do this because one of the top reasons unwanted animals end up here
is because the "landlord does not allow pets".
3. Two personal references that we will contact to verify how you are with animals. (NOT RELATED TO YOU OR LIVING IN THE SAME HOUSEHOLD. NO EXCEPTIONS!)
4. We recommend all family members who will be living with the animal be present when meeting the animal. If you find an animal that you think might be right for you, spend some time socializing, walking, or playing with it. We want for you to be sure that the particular animal you have in mind is right for you and your family.
5. Must be at least 18 years old to adopt any animal from the shelter.
6. Present photo identification with current address, pending the adoption of the animal.
7. Our Adoption Fees:
Dog $175.00 and up
Puppy (under 6 months of age) $250.00
Cat minimum donation $50.00
Kitten (under 6 months of age) $75.00
FIV & FELV Cats: $30.00
Adoption Cost includes:
All dogs are vaccinated for distemper, and bordetella plus dewormed and heartworm tested prior to adoption. (Rabies is administered after 4 months of age)
All cats are vaccinated for distemper, dewormed and FIV/Felv tested prior to adoption. (Rabies is administered after 4 months of age)
All animals are spayed/neutered prior to adoption.
All animals are Microchipped
All dogs receive a Behavior Evaluation.