Meow! My name is Kyra
|Breed:||Domestic Mediumhair||Color:||Black (All)||Age:||Kitten|
I am already spayed, housetrained, a special needs pet, up to date with shots, and good with cats.
Hi, I'm Kyra. I'm a sweet but shy baby. I am still trying to get used to all the recent changes in my life. I was rescued and brought into a house where my foster parents are taking really good care of me! I would love for you to take me home with my sister Kyeesha so we would have each other for comfort. We'll adjust easier this way. I will learn to love and trust you, but be patient with me. I like furry mice and wand toys with feathers. Don't wave them too quickly though. I am looking for a place to call my own,be comfortable and give and receive love! When you do bring me home, make a 'safe' room for me while I get used to the smells and sounds of my new home. I'll adjust better this way! This will also give me a 'safe' place to go if I get scared. Please visit us at the adopion clinic on Fridays, 4-8pm, Saturdays, 10am-6pm and Sundays, 11am-4pm at PetSmart, Academy & Wyoming, Albuquerque, NM. Please call A.C.A.T. 505-323-2228 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info or questions! You can also inquire about fostering cats because we always need fosters! Depending on the number fosters we have determines how many kitties we can help! Visit our website too www.AlbCat.com for more info on this great organization that saved my life!
More information about ACAT (Albuquerque Cat Action Team)
Help this Rescue Group by making a donation.
Rescue Group Info...
We are Albuquerque and New Mexico's first no-kill, all volunteer organization dedicated to enhancing the lives of stray, orphaned, abused and neglected cats. We are exclusively a cat organization.
The Mission of the Albuquerque Cat Action Team:
1. Provide a safe haven in the form of foster homes for stray, orphaned, abused and neglected cats and kittens in the Albuquerque metropolitan area.
2. Provide veterinary care to the cats and kittens who come into our program and ensure that all cats and kittens who are adopted through our organization are spayed or neutered before adoption.
3. Relocate cats and kittens into permanent, loving homes through our adoption program.
4. Educate the public regarding the necessity of spay/neuter and responsible pet ownership and provide counseling and advice regarding cat behavioral and care issues.
5. Welcome all volunteers into the A.C.A.T. family where respect, love and support are extended to all.
6. Limit pet over-population by engaging in the trap-neuter-return (TNR) of feral cats in our community.
7. Provide low-cost spay and neuter services for cat owners.
We give alot of cats (and kittens) their second, third and maybe ninth chance! Ultimately, without foster homes, many cats wouldn't have the chances that they deserve. So many cats already end up abandoned on the street, sick, hungry, homeless, or in shelters where their fates would be very uncertain. We try to help out by taking on some of these needy cats and taking them into our homes. If you think that you could provide a foster home for a cat, please call (323-2228), email A.C.A.T. at Mail@AlbCat.com.
PetsMart at the corner of Academy and Wyoming, Albuquerque, NM. Fridays 4-8pm, Saturdays 10am-6pm and Sundays 11am-4pm.
An adoption application (which can be downloaded from our website www.AlbCat.com and filled out prior to coming to the adoption clinic) needs to be completed, an adoption contract, PetsMart release form and transfer of ownership (if cat has had a rabies shot) form that gets sent to the city for licensing need to be signed. You will receive the records we have on the cat up until the adoption and the foster parent's phone number . The adoption fee is $85.00 and that includes the cat (or kitten) already being spayed / neutered and current on their shots.