Ruff Ruff! My name is JoeJoe
found a new home!
Plenty of my friends are looking for one too. Find a pet to adopt.
Other Pets at Shelter...
Rescue Group: Bless the Bullys Pit Bull Rescue & Education
|Breed:||American Pit Bull Terrier||Color:||Brown/Chocolate||Age:||Adult|
On January 4, 2009, I received a very distressing plea for help from a good Samaritan in Lebanon, TN. There was a fire in an abandoned home, and when she went to take a closer look, she found a pit bull who was apparently chained to the back of the house and had been burned by the fire. Even though Barbara - our good Samaritan - was a little frightened of him (she admitted that it was due to the breed reputation and not because of anything he did), and she couldn’t leave him to fend for himself. I am so very thankful that Barbara designated herself as his guardian angel.
I took JoeJoe to my vet, and EVERYBODY in the office just fell in love with him. He had burns on the pads of his feet and inside both his ears. He also had some small burns on various places on his body. The biggest concern is that Dr. Copeland found that JoeJoe has an infection in both eyes which he thinks was caused by being so close to the heat of the fire.
JoeJoe is doing incredibly well, and he is such a little character. He is up to 43 pounds and is just the sweetest little guy! Pretty soon he'll be ready to start his brand new life... maybe it will be with YOU!!
BLESS THE BULLYS ADOPTION POLICY AND PROCEDURES:
(1) An adoption application must be submited and approved prior to meeting any of our rescues.
(2) ALL Bless the Bullys dogs are spayed or neutered prior to adoption. This IS NOT optional.
(3) Bless the Bullys will not approve adoptions to homes in which a dog of the SAME sex currently resides.
(4) Home visits are a mandatory step in the adoption process.
(5) Bless the Bullys firmly believes that all members of a household should be a part of the adoption process. We encourage all household members to meet the potential adopt-a-bull, including current pets.
(6) The adoption fee is $150.00.