Hello! My name is Reba
Important Note: Reba is best friends with Shania. Please adopt both of them so they can stay together!
|Breed:||Havana Mix||Color:||Albino Or Red-Eyed White||Age:||Young|
I am already spayed and housetrained.
Hi, I'm Reba! I'm the white bunny, and my sister Shania is the black bunny. We are bonded best friends and would need to be adopted together. But just think, that means you will have twice the fun, and we will keep each other company when you are away.
I am a pretty confident bunny, a little shy at first but I warm up fast, especially if you have treats. (Got any craisins?!) My sister Shania is a lot shyer, but I think she would warm up if we were in a permanent home with people who loved us. We are both small bunnies, about four pounds, and we have both been spayed. We are great with our litter box! We came into the shelter several years ago and have been in foster care ever since. We would just love to have a real home!
And now here is some information from our fosterers, Huntsville Friends of Rabbits:
The adoption fee is $50 which helps defray the considerable costs of spay/neuter, other veterinary expenses, food, and equipment. All of our rabbits have received a full vet check up and are spayed/neutered. We adopt only to indoor homes, and prefer adult-only homes. We do not adopt rabbits as pets for children. We consider homes with older children, dogs or ferrets on a case-by-case basis.
If you are over 21 and have the time, energy, love and financial resources to care for a rabbit (not to mention a good sense of humor!) we would be happy to talk to you about adopting one of our fabulous foster bunnies! Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us a little about yourself, including why you would like a bunny and your previous experience with rabbits (if any). Please include your phone number so we may call you about the adoption.
Please note we are a little picky – we love these bunnies and since they have already been through the shelter once we want to make sure they have a great home the second time around! We do screen applicants carefully, as well as require a home visit. We adopt only within a five hour drive of Huntsville, AL.
Rescue Group Info...
We are a group of bunny lovers in the Huntsville, Alabama area. We help the shelters in Madison county with bunnies that come in to them, and we also educate the public on rabbit behavior and care. Everyone in our group is a volunteer - we have no paid employees and we do what we do just because we love rabbits. We are proud to be a 501 c 3 organization, and all donations to us are tax deductable.
Check out our Facebook page and website and blog for dates and times of our adoption and educational events.
We love our bunnies at Huntsville Friends of Rabbits and since they have already been through the shelter once we want to make sure they have a great home the second time around. We have invested a great deal of time, energy and money and love into the bunnies we rescue, and so we want to be assured that they will get the very best of care in their new homes. It is for this reason that we have the following adoption policies:
• We only adopt to indoor homes. Domestic rabbits should never be kept outside.
• Adopters must be 21 or older.
• We prefer to adopt to adult-only homes. We do not adopt rabbits as pets for small children (under age nine). We consider homes with older children, however, the primary caretaker for the bunny MUST be an adult, and the bunny must be wanted by the whole family! Please be aware that 95% of the bunnies we rescue were pets for young children, and were brought to the shelter because the child tired of them and the parents did not want them.
• Homes with dogs or ferrets are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• We do not adopt rabbits to be residents of petting zoos, as classroom bunnies, or as props for photographers at Easter.
• We expect our adopters to take their bunny to a rabbit-savvy veterinarian for regular check-ups as well as when sick, and to be willing to spend the money for quality vet care. We have lots of great information on local vets and health care and will be happy assist you finding the best options for you and your rabbit.
• Special needs bunnies will only be adopted to people who are experienced
in bunny care and who are financially able to provide the vet care these bunnies need.
• Applicants are screened carefully, and we make a home visit to ensure your home is bunny-ready.
Please note that our adoption fee is $50 per rabbit or $80 for a bonded pair of rabbits. This fee helps our group with spay/neuter costs. All of our rabbits have received full vet check ups and are spayed/neutered before adoption.
If you think that you would be a good adopter we would love to talk to you about our fabulous foster bunnies! Please contact us at email@example.com. Include your phone number and tell us more about yourself and your interest in rabbits. We will call you as soon as possible to discuss the adoption process.
We look forward to hearing from you - and so do our bunnies!
Huntsville and Madison County, Alabama