Meow! My name is MaKenna
|Breed:||Domestic Shorthair||Color:||Brown Or Chocolate (Mostly)||Age:||Adult|
I am already spayed, in need of an experienced adopter, and up to date with shots.
Estimated Date of Birth: July 23, 2008
Female - SPAYED
Short Haired Brown Tabby and White
My name is Makenna, and I came to Tigerlily Cat Rescue after being found outside. The folks here at Tigerlily think I might have been mistreated somewhere in my past, since when I first got to my foster home, I just wanted to hide. Sometimes, I would cower away if you just went to pet me. But, now that I am learning that I am safe, I will come out for pets and even sleep on my foster mom's bed with her! Any fast movement can still send me running, but I will come back out once I know everything is safe and secure! I am hoping to find that special family willing to help me continue learning to love and trust again! What I really need love, patience, and you!
Help this Rescue Group by making a donation.
Rescue Group Info...
Tigerlily Cat Rescue is a group of volunteers, dedicated to helping homeless cats and kittens find forever homes and to helping reduce the pet overpopulation problem. We are a state and federal non-profit rescue group. We rescue, sterilize, and make every effort to adopt healthy and friendly cats and kittens!
734 E Big Beaver Rd
Troy, MI 48083
Please call or e-mail us for an adoption questionnaire!
We do require adopters to be at least 21 years old.
* If you are leasing, we do ask that you provide a copy of your rental agreement showing that cats are allowed.
* We also ask that all adults living in the home agree with the adoption and addition of a feline friend to the family.
* For families with young children (under 6), kittens over 6 months are best.
* If the pet is to be alone for a significant amount of time, we ask that you consider adopting an older kitten or adult, or consider adopting two kittens to keep each other company. Young kittens are susceptible to social-depression if alone for a significant amount of time.
* We also discourage "gift" adoptions unless it is from a parent to a minor child.
* We do not permit 4-paw declawing of our cats. Often, 4-paw declawing leads to behavioral problems. Front-declawing is not advisable for cats over 1 year old. We encourage alternatives to declawing, such as nail trimming and scratch-training. Please ask us if you have any questions about these alternatives!
Our adoption fee of $100 includes feline leukemia/FIV testing, deworming, flea preventative, and age-appropriate vaccines. All Tigerlily cats are thoroughly examined by a veterinarian. All adults are spayed/neutered. For kittens too young for sterilization, $25 of the adoption fee is refunded when proof of the sterilization is sent to Tigerlily Cat Rescue.