Our Adoption Process...
Visit our website for forms and additional information.
Our adoption process consists of six steps.
1. Complete and return an adoption application. It is important to answer every question as completely as possible. A complete application helps us to know if the dog you are interested in will be a good match for your family. Since many of our dogs are in foster care, we have gotten to know their personalities and can be very helpful to you in selecting the right pet. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
2. Make an appointment to meet the dog. If you have submitted an application that seems to be a good match to a particular dog, we will contact you to arrange an appointment for you to see that dog.
If you have a dog, bring it with you so that we can assess their interaction. This is a very important part of the adoption process. Since this dog will be a new member in your family, we would like all parties, including your current pet to be happy with the choice.
3. After you have met the dog, your application will be reviewed by our adoption committee. We will not consider your application if you do not come to meet the dog. The more information we have, the more quickly we are able to respond to your application. Average response time is from 2 to 5 days. We only call those whose applications have been accepted. Please feel free to call or email if you have any questions about the status of your application.
4. If all parties agree to proceed with the adoption, we will schedule a home visit. This is so that we can ensure the animal's new home is safe and free of any potential health risks. We want to know that there is ample shelter for the dog and that fences are high enough to be escape proof. There are a number of things that could pose a health risk to the dog of which the potential owner(s) may not be aware.
5. The next step consists of a contractual agreement between Big Paws 4 a Cause Dog Rescue and the dog's new family.
6. The final step is a tax-deductible donation. We suggest a minimum donation of $100.00.