Hello! My name is Brooklyn
|Breed:||Florida White Mix||Color:||Albino Or Red-Eyed White||Age:||Adult|
I am already spayed, housetrained, a special needs pet, and in need of an experienced adopter.
Hi! I'm Brooklyn! I'm a fun-loving Florida White girl with a lot of personality and I am very social. I enjoy being with people and I am curious about everything. I do like to explore but I stay out of trouble! I like cardboard boxes and toys and if you keep my supplied with plenty of them I'll be so happy! I am good with my litter box and my foster mom says I have no bad habits. I'm not picky about my food either. My foster mom says I am a very well-adjusted little girl! I am little, too - I weigh about four pounds!
I do have a problem though - I have a history of head tilt. I was treated very aggressively by my veterinarian the day I started to show symptoms and it made such a difference. In fact, my foster mom can't tell that there was ever anything wrong! However, this does mean that I will have to be adopted by an experienced bunny person. Even though I seem to be ok, my adopter will have to be careful with me and make sure I get regular vet check ups.
I promise to reward you by being a very social and loving girl. I really am just awesome!
And now, a message from Huntsville Friends of Rabbits:
For more information on our group please go to: www.huntsvillefriendsofrabbits.com
The adoption fee is $50 which helps defray the considerable costs of spay/neuter, other veterinary expenses, food, and equipment. All of our rabbits have received a full vet check up and are spayed/neutered. We adopt only to indoor homes, and prefer adult-only homes. We do not adopt rabbits as pets for children. We consider homes with older children, dogs or ferrets on a case-by-case basis.
If you are over 21 and have the time, energy, love and financial resources to care for a rabbit (not to mention a good sense of humor!) we would be happy to talk to you about adopting one of our fabulous foster bunnies! Please email us at email@example.com and tell us a little about yourself, including why you would like a bunny and your previous experience with rabbits (if any). Please include your phone number so we may call you about the adoption.
Please note we are a little picky – we love these bunnies and since they have already been through the shelter once we want to make sure they have a great home the second time around! We do screen applicants carefully, as well as require a home visit. We adopt only within a five hour drive of Huntsville, AL.
More information about Huntsville Friends of Rabbits
Rescue Group Info...
We are a group of bunny lovers in the Huntsville, Alabama area. We help the shelters in Madison county with bunnies that come in to them, and we also educate the public on rabbit behavior and care. Everyone in our group is a volunteer - we have no paid employees and we do what we do just because we love rabbits. We are proud to be a 501 c 3 organization, and all donations to us are tax deductable.
Check out our Facebook page and website and blog for dates and times of our adoption and educational events.
We love our bunnies at Huntsville Friends of Rabbits and since they have already been through the shelter once we want to make sure they have a great home the second time around. We have invested a great deal of time, energy and money and love into the bunnies we rescue, and so we want to be assured that they will get the very best of care in their new homes. It is for this reason that we have the following adoption policies:
• We only adopt to indoor homes. Domestic rabbits should never be kept outside.
• Adopters must be 21 or older.
• We prefer to adopt to adult-only homes. We do not adopt rabbits as pets for small children (under age nine). We consider homes with older children, however, the primary caretaker for the bunny MUST be an adult, and the bunny must be wanted by the whole family! Please be aware that 95% of the bunnies we rescue were pets for young children, and were brought to the shelter because the child tired of them and the parents did not want them.
• Homes with dogs or ferrets are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• We do not adopt rabbits to be residents of petting zoos, as classroom bunnies, or as props for photographers at Easter.
• We expect our adopters to take their bunny to a rabbit-savvy veterinarian for regular check-ups as well as when sick, and to be willing to spend the money for quality vet care. We have lots of great information on local vets and health care and will be happy assist you finding the best options for you and your rabbit.
• Special needs bunnies will only be adopted to people who are experienced
in bunny care and who are financially able to provide the vet care these bunnies need.
• Applicants are screened carefully, and we make a home visit to ensure your home is bunny-ready.
Please note that our adoption fee is $50 per rabbit or $80 for a bonded pair of rabbits. This fee helps our group with spay/neuter costs. All of our rabbits have received full vet check ups and are spayed/neutered before adoption.
If you think that you would be a good adopter we would love to talk to you about our fabulous foster bunnies! Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your phone number and tell us more about yourself and your interest in rabbits. We will call you as soon as possible to discuss the adoption process.
We look forward to hearing from you - and so do our bunnies!