Ruff Ruff! My name is Juanita
Important Note: Juanita is best friends with Chiquita. Please adopt both of them so they can stay together!
|Breed:||Chihuahua||Color:||Tan/Yellow/Fawn - With White||Age:||Young|
|Size:||Small 25 lbs (11 kg) or less||Sex:||Female||ID#:||10110603|
I am already spayed, housetrained, purebred, up to date with shots, good with kids, good with dogs, and good with cats.
Juanita came from a puppy mill in Missouri. She is very shy but a very loving dog. She weighs 12.1 pounds and is 2 years old. Please pick Juanita to be your new BEST FRIEND.
Graceful, alert and swift-moving with a saucy expression, Chihuahuas are highly intelligent and should not be underestimated even though small in size. The breed can be any color – solid, marked or splashed and the coat may be long or short. These sassy little dogs are well known as "purse dogs" like the famous Bruiser in the movie Legally Blonde starring Reese Witherspoon.
A Look Back
The Chihuahua’s history is shrouded in mystery, but some believe he originated from the Fennec Fox, a very small animal with big eyes and ears, which could explain the tiny frame, luminous eyes and large ears on the breed today. Chihuahua’s were used in religious ceremonies and were pets to the upper class. The breed derives its name from the Mexican State of Chihuahua, where the earliest specimens of the breed were found.
Rescue Group Info...
I am retired and want to help save the lives of dogs and help them find loving homes.
All of our dogs are kept in foster homes. Please contact the director or foster parent to make arrangements to meet the dog.
• First you complete an application to adopt.
• Second you come to see the dog and decide whether or not you want to try him or her out. If you do, you take the dog home for a 3-day trial.
• During this trial period, we check your references.
• Then we call you after the 3-day trial to see if the dog has worked out and you are ready to complete the adoption.
• If the dog works out and you want to complete the adoption, we schedule a home visit, bring the contract and finalize the adoption.
• IF THE DOG DOES NOT WORK OUT, YOU JUST RETURN HIM OR HER.