You may also like...
- House Trained
- Good with Kids
- Good with Dogs
- Good with Cats
already spayed, housetrained, purebred, up to date with shots, good with kids, good with dogs, and good with cats
- Breed: Siberian Husky
- Color: White - With Gray Or Silver
- Age: Adult
- Size: Med. 26-60 lbs (12-27 kg)
- Sex: Female
- ID#: 2511778
- Cared for by: Indy Homes for Huskies
My StoryYou can fill out an adoption application online on our official website.
Please contact Tracey (email@example.com) for more information about this pet.
Neleh does not know she has limitations. She lives her life to the fullest. For a dog who cannot see nor hear, she is amazingly good at chasing people and other dogs. She loves to play and wrestles to her heart’s desire with her foster siblings. Everyone Neleh meets is a friend. She lives with six dogs and four cats quite happily (although they are not always happy when Neleh runs into them!). And those little bumps and stumbles that a blind dog is bound to have are taken in stride by Neleh. She enjoys every day.
In addition to being blind and deaf, Neleh has epilepsy. Her seizures are mostly controlled by medication but she still does suffer from the occasional seizure.
At just three months of age, Neleh was taken to a local shelter as a stray and subsequently rescued by Indy Homes for Huskies. This amazing girl is dearly loved by her foster mom, who knew when she took in a blind and deaf puppy that she might need to provide Neleh a home for the rest of her life. However, we will consider applications for Neleh if the applicants can offer her an ideal situation. Special considerations for Neleh include:
- Being able to afford to pay for her veterinary care. Neleh’s seizure meds and annual testing to ensure her levels are correct will cost several hundred dollars.
- A fenced yard. No husky should be off leash without one, but in Neleh’s case, it is triply so. She cannot see or hear dangers, and her epilepsy seems to stay more controlled when she is able to stay home and exercise in her yard vs. a lot of outings to different places.
- A home that can be Neleh-proofed for safety. For example, she can manage a few stairs once she knows they are there, but a large staircase would be hazardous for her.
- The ability to give Neleh her seizure meds twice a day on a regular schedule.
- Patience and understanding. Neleh will run into things. She will step on other dogs. She may get 'stuck' somewhere (e.g., behind furniture) and need assistance getting out.
If you’d like to help Neleh while she is in our care, consider sending in a donation to sponsor her. Donations for Neleh will help pay for her medications and bloodwork. We would like to thank Steve and Debbie for sending Neleh a lot of goodies that she has been enjoying including a new harness/leash set, treats, a potty patch, and a personalized bed among other things. Their donation was extremely generous and very appreciated!
Visit this organization's web site to see any additional information available about this pet.
Adopt Me From...
Indy Homes for Huskies
Adoption ProcessOur adoption process includes an Application, references and a home visit. The application can be found online at our website indyhomesforhuskies.rescuegroups.org. Please also see our website for FAQ.
About the Rescue Group
Visit their facility
Indy Homes for Huskies
Indianapolis, IN 46205