Ruff Ruff! My name is Henry
|Breed:||German Shepherd Dog/Alaskan Malamute Mix||Color:||Tan/Yellow/Fawn - With Black||Age:||Adult|
|Size:||X-Large 101 lbs (46 kg) or more||Sex:||Male||ID#:||#865|
I am already neutered, housetrained, up to date with shots, good with kids, good with dogs, and not good with cats.
Henry is a playful, handsome, goofy love-bug who was found abandoned in a local park. He is an easy-going dog who adapts easily to new situations and people. He doesn’t demand a lot of attention, but loves tummy-rubs and chasing toys (especially soft, fluffy ones). Henry has lived happily with other dogs, and is generally submissive with dogs he knows. He still gets over-excited when meeting new dogs, and will need some training on basic commands and social skills. Henry takes medication for his thyroid and arthritis in one elbow from an old injury, so he does best with playing in a yard or shorter walks, but it doesn’t dampen his enthusiasm (especially for chasing crows). Henry is a sweet & silly boy who loves to give kisses and will try to climb in your lap if you let him – all he needs now is a home he can call his own!
Check out his blog.
If you are interested in meeting Henry, please download the Adoption Questionnaire, fill it out and fax it back to us at (310) 362-0321. You can also meet this and other available dogs at our Saturday Adoptions at Centinela Feed.
[Henry is 5-6 years old and about 100 lbs.]
Help this Rescue Group by making a donation.
Rescue Group Info...
Forte Animal Rescue is an ALL-VOLUNTEER 501(c)(3)nonprofit organization dedicated to finding solutions for the problem of pet overpopulation through its educational activities, adoption efforts and outreach program.
Saturdays: 12:30 PM to 3:30 PM
Centinela Feed & Pet Supplies
3860 S. Centinela Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90066
(1 mile west of 405 fwy; between Venice Bl. & Washington Bl.)
Note: Certain weekends are exceptions, so please call the store before your visit. Please note that Saturday adoptions are held INSIDE the store in case of rain or inclement weather.
All potential adopters are carefully screened through our adoption process:
- If you're interested in an animal, we'll ask that you fill out a questionnaire, which we will review to ensure you and the dog you are interested in adopting are a good match.
- You will be asked to submit to a "house-check" to determine the level of safety and adequacy of the area for the dog.
- An adoption fee is required and you must sign the adoption contract agreement, which ensures that if, for any reason, you are unable to keep the dog, he/she to be returned to Forte Animal Rescue only.
- Finally, we personally deliver your new family member to your home.
- Any additional donation would be greatly appreciated, and this portion will be tax-deductible. The donation goes to pay for all of the other animals in our care, many of which come to us with injuries or medical conditions that require treatment. Forte Animal Rescue survives solely on donations and it is for this reason that the adoption fee is nonnegotiable.
- Forte Animal Rescue reserves the right to cancel the adoption process at any time if the home situation or adoptive family has been misrepresented, if certain information was withheld, or if the dog is determined to be a better match with another family.