About Our Rescue Group...
A Helping Wing began with just a few birds in Hopewell Junction NY and just kept growing. We are excited about our recent move to a 25 acre farm in Blairstown, NJ. We renovated an old garage /workshop into the rescue, and though renovations are still in progress we are very excited about seeing the finished product!
A Helping Wing takes in birds who are unwanted, abused, neglected, etc. and attempts to get them ready for adoption by socializing, teaching commands, and giving them a comfortable place to live in the meantime. We deal mostly with larger birds, but do also have some small birds in our "flock."
Our Adoption Process...
The Adoption Process:
* Email the above address for an adoption application. Complete and submit the application. ***The adoption application must be completed by someone over the age of 18 years old, and by the person who will be considered the bird's primary caretaker, even if the bird is meant to be a "family pet." We do not adopt to minors without full parental consent and involvement.
* Once we receive a completed application, a representative from A Helping Wing will be in touch to answer all questions and discuss setting up an initial visit.
* We do not allow same day adoptions - a minimum of 3 visits are required to ensure an optimal match. We require an in-home visit prior to, and after each adoption. We also always adopt to the best candidate regardless of the order which applications are received, or visits completed. Sometimes the bird you are interested in has no interest in you, but we will work with you to find a bird with whom you have a great connection.
* Although there is no application fee, there is an adoption fee. Adoption fees vary depending on the size of the bird and many other factors. Specific fees are only discussed once a suitable and potential match is determined. Adoption Fees are always negotiable and cages are generally not included.
* Submitting an application does not guarantee you will be able to adopt one of our parrots. Adoptions are approved at the sole discretion of A Helping Wing and its appointed representatives.
* All of our birds have unique personalities, and by completing this adoption process as we have outlined, we ensure that we find the best match for you, your family, and the bird.
Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ahelpingwing