found a new home!
Plenty of my friends are looking
for one too. Find a pet to adopt.
I am already spayed, housetrained, up to date with shots, good with kids, good with dogs, and good with cats.
Cats: Great with cats. She tries to get them to play with her. She currently cuddles up with the cat in her foster home.
Dogs: Some she likes, others she doesn't. She is not comfortable with a dog that is pushy with her.
Kids: Great with kids. LOVES kids!
Men: Some she likes, others she doesn't. She warms up pretty quickly if they are not pushy with her.
Women: Great with women
Crate: She is crate trained & will go right in when asked. She actually finds comfort in the crate & likes to go in it when she's scared.
House Trained: Yes
Car: She is great in the car & loads right up. She likes to stick her head out the window, & will settle in & lay down if she sees that it will be a long trip.
Fears: See above. She just needs to get used to new things
Other issues: Holds her urine & BM's. We think at some point she might have been punished harshly for going to the bathroom in the wrong place, & she interpreted that as going the bathroom is a bad thing. We are working with her on this, & praising her when she goes. She IS house trained. She always goes outside, when she goes...
(If you are adopting a puppy, all puppies chew. This can be easily managed with rawhide bones or chew toys to direct their behavior to something that is acceptable to chew on, & crating your puppy when you are unable to monitor them.)
Adoption fee is only $85 & includes:
- Spay/Neuter surgery
- Harness *
- 6' Leash
- Re-usable lid for food cans
- Fire Rescue Sticker for your window
- Free office visit to Vet
- Other coupons from Partners
- Paperwork: Spay/Neuter records, Vaccs records, Vet records, Micro records, Recommendation list, etc...
- Continued Support: Safe Haven will be there for the lifetime of your new adopted pet. If you ever have questions or concerns, we will always be there to help. Our goal is for you & your pet to live happily ever after!
At this time, this puppy is available for local AZ adoption only. If you are interested in adopting this sweet girl, please e-mail SafeHavenAnimalRescue@live.com for an application.
* Safe Haven STRONGLY believes that collars should only be used as decoration. A dog can slip out of collar. Which becomes a problem if your dog gets lost, or you are trying to restrain your dog, & it comes off. Also, attaching a leash to a collar puts pressure on the neck, which is one of the most sensitive areas of the body, & could hurt them. For these reasons, Safe Haven includes a harness with every dog adoption to ensure the safety of the dog, as a harness is more expensive than a collar & some adopters will not buy them for this reason. A harness distributes the weight on the chest & shoulders. It also has a handle on the back that you can grab if need be, without hurting your pet (EX: Dog falls off your boat, just grab the handle & pull your pet back in with no harm done. With a collar, you would have to strangle your dog when pulling your dog in). Also a dog cannot slip out of a harness, so it is much easier to restrain them & they will never loose their ID if they get lost.
If you need harnesses for your other dogs, additional harnesses can be purchased for a reduced price:
$5 for small
$6 for medium
$7 for large
No tax is charged as we are a non-profit
IS THIS PET NOT WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR?
Then please join Safe Havens Pet Adoption Waiting List. It is FREE to join. You can tell us exactly what you are looking for & we can look through the euthanasia lists to find your pet for you. You have no obligation to adopt, ever, & if you find your perfect pet somewhere else, just let us know & we will take you off the list. E-mail us for a form, so you can tell us exactly what you are looking for!