Meow! My name is Dee Dee
Dee Dee's Info...
|Breed:||Domestic Shorthair||Color:||Black & White Or Tuxedo||Age:||Young|
I am already spayed, a special needs pet, up to date with shots, good with kids, not good with dogs, and good with cats.
Hi, I'm Dee Dee! I'm about 2 years old as of March 2012. I was found abandoned on a long dirt road with no where to go and no houses in sight. Thankfully a kind woman found me and started to feed me. I was starving and so grateful to be found. I am a very friendly and affectionate girl. I am extremely playful!!! I would love a house to run around in. I do not like to be held but the volunteers continue to work on me with this. I'd be happiest as the only cat, but would be okay with another cat that's not dominate. I am FIV+. I hope that does not scare you. Humans cannot catch it and neither can dogs. I am not sick. Having FIV just means I have a weaker immune system so I need to be fed a good quality food to keep me healthy. We usually can live just as long as a cat without FIV. I am such a sweetheart and have so much love to give. Please adopt me?
Help this Rescue Group by making a donation.
Rescue Group Info...
CATALES promotes the welfare of cats through activities such as:
- Location of homeless and/or feral cats in need of rescue;
- Provision of food and shelter for in-need cats;
- Provision of responsible medical care for in-need cats by bringing them to licensed veterinarians for appropriate treatment such as vaccines;
- Spay/neuter of all cats placed in homes or returned to their feral colonies;
- Provision of information and assistance to others in regard to spay/neuter resources;
- Placing of rescued cats in safe homes with follow-up to ensure continued well-being;
- Education of the general public in regard to responsible animal care and welfare;
- Cooperation with other individuals and organizations working in the animal rescue community;
- Fighting animal abuse wherever we find it in society.
Call for an appointment
CATALES, Inc. helps homeless, abandoned cats find responsible and loving permanent homes. As Catales does not take owner-surrendered cats, the cats we rescue have been abandoned, neglected or abused. While we generally trap, spay/neuter and release feral cats, occasionally we rescue ferals or semi-ferals from the colonies we help feed. Almost all of these animals have survived hunger and illness before entering the safety of CATALES.
We are looking for very special people who truly care about these animals, not as property but as friends who will become a part of their adoptive families. Our priority is to make sure that the cats will never again need to be rescued. In order to accomplish this goal, we ask all potential parents to fill out a detailed adoption application. Adoption from CATALES means that you will be asked to make a tax deductible adoption donation and to pay for spay/neuter if it has not been done before you adopt. We also ask that the adopter agrees to follow-up visits from someone at CATALES. We want to do everything possible to make sure that the animals we place find the best possible homes and safest futures once released from our care
CATALES, Inc. is a non-profit, no-kill organization consisting of volunteers dedicated to improving and enriching the lives of homeless cats and kittens. Through foster homes, we provide food, medical care, and temporary shelter for felines awaiting adoption. We also provide a safe haven for cats that have special needs and are waiting for special families and homes.