found a new home!
Plenty of my friends are looking
for one too. Find a pet to adopt.
My name is Raja - Only $25 adoption fee!!
Facts about Raja - Only $25 adoption fee!
- Breed: Boxer/German Shepherd Dog Mix
- Color: Tricolor (Tan/Brown & Black & White)
- Age: Adult
- Size: Large 61-100 lbs (28-45 kg)
- Sex: Male
Raja - Only $25 adoption fee!'s Info...
I am already neutered, housetrained, a special needs pet, up to date with shots, good with kids, good with dogs, and good with cats.
PROFILES ARE UPDATED OFTEN
If you're looking for a new best friend you've found him! Raja is SUCH a sweetheart! He already knows almost all the words on the list below. Along with extra ones like "Walk", & "Bye bye" (When you say "bye bye" he knows he is going for a car ride) After 6 yrs of loyalty, this handsome man was given up because his family is moving & they are not taking him with them. Raja LOVES to go on walks, & needs a family that will take him on daily walks for at least 20 minutes a day. Raja "talks" to you. When he does, he sounds like the brown fuzzy thing in Star Wars. It's so cute! Raja also likes to sunbathe & I would love to see him go to a home where he has a doggy door so he can go outside whenever he wants & sunbathe, but be able to come in when he gets to hot. He is very sensitive to your tone of voice & needs someone who will give him gentle guidance. He is just a big sweet affectionate guy. He gets very attached to people & is very loyal. He just wants to hang out with you & be loved. All this sweet boy wants is to be part of a family that will be as loyal to him as he is to you.
Age/Birthday: 6 yrs (Dogs this size live to be about 15 yrs, he is not even middle age yet)
Weight: 67 lbs (He's at the perfect weight)
This dog/puppy is currently learning:
- To go potty in a certain corner of the yard
- Mailman (to bark when the mail comes)
- Not to dash out the door
- Lay Down
- Ok (This is a command release)
- This way (when you are walking & change direction)
- Drop it
- Scooch (To move out of the way)
- Out (go out of the room)
- Go lay down
- Back up
- Outside? (if you say this & get a reaction, they need to go outside to go potty)
- Go potty
- To bark when s/he wants to come inside
- Good girl/boy
- Bad girl/boy
- Stand up
- Ready (alerts them you are about to throw something)
- Inside (to go in the crate)
(What each pet learns depends on the foster home they were placed in & how much time that foster has had to work with them)
Cats: He does not have much interest in them & just ignores them. He's just a big sweet lug!
Dogs: He is very friendly with all the dogs, all sizes, & greets them with a friendly sniff & tail wag. He also gives kisses to the ones he likes. He is ok with little dogs jumping on him, but does not like it when the big dogs do it. He would do best in a home with a mellow med-large dog, or a small dog.
Kids: He lived with a 2 yr old in his previous home & I am told that he loved him very much & would give him kisses. :-)
Men: Great with men
Women: Great with women. Loves to be talked to in a baby voice :-)
Crate Trained: Yes, He knows the word "Inside" & goes in when asked & has not had any accidents in it. He does not like to stay in it for long periods though. I only crated him in the beginning when I wasn't home & able to supervise interactions with the rest of the animals because he is was new to my home. I no longer crate him. He has free reign of the house at all times now. I am more than willing to dog sit for free at my house for the new adopters when you are at work, until he has settled in to his new home, so you don't have to crate him & he adjusts easier.
House Trained: Yes, Raja is a pro at using the doggy door & if you do not have one, he will "talk" to you when he wants to go outside.
Leash Trained: Yes, he's very easy to walk & listens really well. He is eager to please. He has picked up on all the words I use during our walks. He even has "Heal" down pat, which is the hardest one. We go on 25 min walks 6 days a week.
Car: LOVES car rides, he likes to stick his head out the window. :-) He also likes to be up front with you, not in the back. If you get out of the car, he will move over & sit in the drivers seat until you come back. Raja really loves people, & wants to be with you as much as possible.
Other issues: Raja had an ear infection in both ears when he came to us. He is all healed up now. The Vet said that he shows signs of having had ear infections before. She said it could just have been something in the environment at his last home that caused the infections & once he is in a new home, he may not have them anymore. She also said it could be a food allergy (which is what I think caused it). So we have switched him to a grain free food that has a more uncommon protein such as fish, rabbit, or lamb. New pet parents will need to continue with preventative care by keeping him on the better quality food & also cleaning his ears once a month. I will give his new family any remaining food & treats that I have left at the time of the adoption to get you started.
Adoption fee is only $25 & includes:
- Spay/Neuter surgery
- Up to date on Vaccinations
- Harness *
- ID tag
- Other surprise goodies from Safe Haven
- Free office visit to Vet, or 50% off any Optimum Wellness Plan
- Other coupons from Partners
- Available Paperwork: Spay/Neuter records, Vaccs records, Vet records, Micro records, Recommendation list, etc...
- Continued Support: Safe Haven will be there for the lifetime of your new adopted pet. If you ever have questions or concerns, we will always be there to help. Our goal is for you & your pet to live happily ever after!
If you are interested in adopting this pet, you must be willing to come to Phoenix AZ to meet him.
Please e-mail for an application.
After we receive your application, we will contact you so you can meet him/her.
ADOPTING A CAT OR DOG IS UP TO A 20 YEAR COMMITMENT! THEY ARE NOT OBJECTS THAT YOU CAN GET RID OF WHEN THEY BECOME INCONVENIENT. THEY ARE LIVING, BREATHING ANIMALS WITH FEELINGS. IF YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO TAKE CARE OF, LOVE, & PAY FOR EVERYTHING THIS PET NEEDS FOR UP TO 20 YEARS, THEN PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR AN APPLICATION.
* Safe Haven STRONGLY believes that collars should only be used as decoration. A dog can slip out of collar. Which becomes a problem if your dog gets lost, or you are trying to restrain your dog, & it comes off. Also, attaching a leash to a collar puts pressure on the neck, which is one of the most sensitive areas of the body, & could hurt them. For these reasons, Safe Haven includes a harness with every dog adoption to ensure the safety of the dog, as a harness is more expensive than a collar & some adopters will not buy them for this reason. A harness distributes the weight on the chest & shoulders. It also has a handle on the back that you can grab if need be, without hurting your pet (EX: Dog falls off your boat, just grab the handle & pull your pet back in with no harm done. With a collar, you would have to strangle your dog when pulling your dog in). Also a dog cannot slip out of a harness, so it is much easier to restrain them & they will never loose their ID if they get lost.
If you need harnesses for your other dogs, additional harnesses can be purchased for a reduced price:
$5 for small
$6 for medium
$7 for large
No tax is charged as we are a non-profit