Meow! My name is Jackson - gentle
Jackson - gentle's Info...
Important Note: Jackson - gentle is best friends with Indigo - super affectionate. Please adopt both of them so they can stay together!
|Breed:||Domestic Shorthair||Color:||Gray Or Blue||Age:||Adult|
|Sex:||Male||ID#:||Adoption Fee: $55||Hair:||Short|
I am already neutered, a special needs pet, and up to date with shots.
Indigo and Jackson were features as Bachelors of the Week on the CAT IN THE FRIDGE blog. (Please Read)
Jackson will touch you gently with his paw to get your attention and he loves nothing better than to hug you, clinging tightly, kissing, and purring with a mighty ...motor! Jackson does not believe he is a cat and humans are humans, we're all the same. Jackson is about 7 years old. Needs a quiet home without children.
Indigo and Jackson have quickly bonded after only being together less than a week. They spend time sleeping together and grooming each other. Either one would do well being adopted into a home with another quiet cat, or, even better, being adopted together! Both are absolutely wonderful cats!
Adoption fee is a $55 donation to Feral Fixers for the cost of vetting. All cats are up to date on shots, microchipped, dewormed, fixed, and felv/fiv tested.
Jackson is FIV+
FIV is a cat-only virus that cannot be spread to humans or other non-felines. FIV+ cats most often live long, healthy, and relatively normal lives with no symptoms at all. FIV is not easily passed between cats (it cannot be spread casually by litter box, food, water, etc.);
Brief screening questionaire and contract apply!
More information about Midwest Rescue Volunteer Group
Rescue Group Info...
A Quick Word About Adoption...
Adoption is a very personal desicion. We understand that you are looking for a special new family member and know that this can be an exciting yet sometimes stressful time. We appreciate that it takes a special person to want to adopt a rescued pet.
Who we are...
Midwest Rescue Volunteers started with the mission of re-homing abandoned, neglected, and unwanted animals.
Please contact the INDIVIDUAL SPECIFIED for each pet up for adoption. The cats posted are from TNR efforts and have been fully vetted, altered and evaluated. As are all the adoptable pets on this site
Thank you for considering adoption!
About our cats for adoption...
Most of our cats and kittens are spayed or neutered at P.A.W.S. Chicago.
Our dogs, cats, and kittens are all in foster homes, need a completed application, and phone interview before an appointment can be made to meet them.
PLEASE EMAIL Adoption Application / Cat Questionnaire copy and paste the application below, fill in your answers, and email completed application back to us.
How did you hear about us:
Home Phone______________________ Cell:__________________________
How long at current address___________
Own____Rent_____If so, landlord name and #_________________________________
If Condo Association contact name and #_____________________________________
Children in household?________Ages_______________
Adults in household?__________Ages_______________
Animals you currently own:
Type_________ Age:_____spayed/neutered___ none___
Where did you get them ______________________________________________
Animals you have owned in the past:
Were any lost? _____ Put to Sleep ________ Given Away _____________
Will this cat be allowed to go outside? __________
1. Tell me about yourself. ( age, occupation, hours, travel etc.)
2. Do you have any prior experience with cats? If so, tell me about it!
3. Have you ever had to rehome a pet before? What were the circumstances?
4. Will your new kitty family member be an outside or inside cat?
5. Will you declaw your new kitty family member?
6. What made you decide to look into adopting a cat?
7. Describe the environment you live in. (children, busy, noisy, quiet, etc.)
8. How long have you been at your current residence? Is this a permanent residence?
9. Do you have any other pets? If so, tell me about them! Are they up to date with vaccinations and spayed/neutered?
10. Are you prepared to seek immediate medical attention or veterinary care if a problem/sickness/need arises with your new pet(s)?
11. Feel free to share anything else about yourself not already mentioned above!!!!! (optional)