Ruff Ruff! My name is Desi
|Breed:||Catahoula Leopard Dog/American Pit Bull Terrier Mix||Color:||Brown/Chocolate - With White||Age:||Young|
|Size:||Med. 26-60 lbs (12-27 kg)||Sex:||Female||ID#:||3645108|
I am already spayed, up to date with shots, and not good with dogs.
Breed: Catahoula Leopard Dog-Pit Bull Terrier (mix)
Age: est 1/2010
Color(s): brown merle-white
***Needs a Foster Home***
This dog is in need of a foster home as well as a permanent home. If you are interested in fostering call the Adoption Center at (805) 644-PETS(7387).
Hi, I'm Desi a very people friendly, but not dog friendly Catahoula / Pit Bull mix who loves to play. I was one of many dogs rescued from a raid in El Rio. I'm grateful to be given a chance to know the true meaning of being a cherished member of a loving family. We've been through a lot and I hope we all find our forever homes really soon.
Click here to watch a video about us.
Additional information: *Needs home with no dogs *Current on shots
More information about Canine Adoption and Rescue League
Help this Rescue Group by making a donation.
Rescue Group Info...
The Canine Adoption and Rescue League is a Ventura County non-profit dog rescue organization. Almost entirely run by volunteers since 1996, The Canine Adoption and Rescue League has placed over 5,000 unwanted, abandoned, and homeless dogs. Dogs in our adoption program are placed in pre-screened loving and secure homes.
The Canine Adoption and Rescue League receives hundreds of calls from people who must find a home for a stray, a litter of puppies or even a family pet.
The Canine Adoption and Rescue League's mission is to advocate for animal welfare, seeking to end the needless deaths of companion animals through our adoption, education, and outreach programs.
We hold adoptions on Saturdays (12 - 4) and Sundays (12 - 4) at our adoption center, 3203 East Main St., behind the Ventura Pet Barn in Ventura, California 93003.
We also hold monthly "Away Adoption" Events at Petco 545 West Channel Islands Boulevard
, Port Hueneme on the Third Sunday of the Month, and PetSmart 4840 Telephone Rd., Ventura every Saturday of the Month.
The goal of Project Second Chance is to match dogs with homes that are well suited to their needs, temperament, age, and energy level. The dogs are fostered until an appropriate permanent home is found.
Our Process Includes:
1. Select the dog that most interests you.
2. Spend some time interacting with the dog. If you already have a dog in your household, it is wise to bring your dog over to the Adoption Center to meet the dog you have selected.
3. Fill out an adoption application form (note: filling out an application DOES NOT guarantee an adoption).
4. A trained volunteer will review the application. Upon approval of the application, we will set up an appointment to visit your home to confirm that the fencing and gates are secure, and the yard is safe for the dog.
5. No dog is ever adopted from the program without a home check.
6. If more than one application is submitted for a given dog, our adoption committee will select the home that is best suited for the dog's needs.
7. The entire adoption process can take up to one week.
8. The adoption process is concluded when an Adoption Contract is completed.
9. We request a $150.00 tax-deductible adoption donation per dog.
If you can increase the donation fee for the animal you are adopting, please do so, if you cannot, please remember us during the holiday gift giving season and for donations of dog toys, dog beds, old blankets and other items all rescue groups need. But most importantly PLEASE remember to tell your friends who FALL IN LOVE with your dog (because they will) to ADOPT, don't breed or buy.