Hello! My name is Queso
found a new home!
Plenty of my friends are looking for one too. Find a pet to adopt.
Other Pets at Shelter...
|Breed:||Poicephalus (including Senegal and Meyer's)||Color:||Unknown||Age:||Adult|
Hi I’m Queso, no relation to the cheese product. I am an 18 year old Senegal. I have a superb personality and I am looking for a human companion. I love to be the only feathered friend in your life, what can I say, I’m a attention diva! I have a wide range of vocabulary and love to tell you about my day. I do have one bad habit; I started plucking about a year and half ago but it’s just a habit, similar to a human smoking habit. You can help me kick my habit by supplying me with lots of chewing toys. I’m a packaged deal; I have my own home and carrier! So let’s be the Best of Friends! My adoption fee is $225.
Our adoption application and procedures are located on our website under the adoption & fee info tab. If you have any problems with the application, please email us at email@example.com.
Rescue Group Info...
Olive Branch Parrot Rescue is a 501(c)3 public charitable non-profit organization. We are a small parrot rescue and pride ourselves in quality over quantity to ensure a lifetime relationship. Having more one-on-one time with the applicants and parrots creates a more successful, long-lasting home for the parrot's well-being.
The specific purposes for our rescue are:
1) The rescue and rehabilitation of abandoned, abused, neglected, and unwanted parrots
2) The placement of rehabilitated parrots into suitable homes, qualified breeding facilities, zoos, or species reintroduction programs
3) The education of the public regarding the behavior and the proper care and training of parrots
Our adoption procedure:
1) Fill out an adoption application and return to the rescue.
2) Have a phone interview, discuss application and address any questions.
3) Meet & greet with a volunteer and your desired parrot at a social setting.
4) Complete four 1 hour sessions with parrot involving in-home and social settings. (This gives the parrot different areas of interaction with the applicant family, allowing the applicants the opportunity to observe the parrot in different situations and determine if this parrot is the right match for them.)
5) Adoption accepted. Sign adoption notification form and obtain adoption package. Parrot will be delivered to his/her new forever home.
6) Follow up visits by a volunteer and phone calls will be made to ensure the parrot’s well being.
Please note all social settings besides the in-home visit with have to be located 35-40 miles away from the rescue.
We do not ship any of our pets and we only place our pets in local homes such as San Bernardino and Riverside Counties.