found a new home!
Plenty of my friends are looking
for one too. Find a pet to adopt.
Find a pet to adopt
My name is Nessie!
Facts about Nessie
- Breed: Himalayan
- Color: Brown Tabby
- Age: Young
- Sex: Female
- ID#: Nessie
- Hair: Long
I am already spayed, up to date with shots, declawed, good with kids, good with dogs, and good with cats.
Hi! My name used to be Nessie, but the people who adopted me last year renamed me Coco. I am very loving and outgoing. I will chirp at you in this soft, tiny voice. It’s my way of saying, “hello, I’m over here.” I'm a declawed, spayed female, purebred Himalayan who is vaccinated and ready to find a family to love for life. I am litterbox trained and I enjoy companionship. I'm friendly and sweet. I like to hang out with my people and I'm good with kids, dogs and other cats, although I like male cats the best. I'm really very beautiful with bright orange eyes and long soft fur. I came to the rescue shaved but when it grows out, it will be gorgeous too. Just give me a chance, you won't know what you ever did without me in your life! Adoption fee: $60. Adopt a pair: $90.
Apply online: www.pawsforliferescue.org
- Sunday, February 17: Adoption Event at Lou's, 20779 Mack Ave, Grosse Pointe Woods, from 1-4 p.m. Paws for Life will have adoptable dogs, puppies, cats and kittens at Lou's in Grosse Pointe Woods. Shop for pet supplies and meet some cute and furry homeless pets for adoption. Also, meet the infamous Franky, the shop's resident 40-pound sulcata tortoise.
- Sunday, February 24: Bowling Event at 5 Star Lanes, 2666 Metropolitan Pkwy, Sterling Heights. Help Paws for Life raise money for homeless pets while having a great time! For just $25, you enjoy three games of bowling, shoe rental, pizza, pop and a free raffle ticket. Game one starts at 4:30 p.m. at 5 Star Lanes in Sterling Heights. RSVP to email@example.com.
- Saturday, March 2: Adoption Event, Scentsy Open House, BUNCO Party, Dinner and Karaoke at Rochester Eagles Club, 650 Woodward, Rochester. Join us at 5:30 for pizza and salad, followed by BUNCO game play at 7 p.m. Just $20 per person. Bunco is a fun dice game that’s easy to learn. Enjoy cash prizes, raffles, 50/50, Scentsy sale and adoptable pets, plus stick around for Karaoke after Bunco. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Thursday, March 7: Informational Meeting About Marathons at Caribou Coffee, 31901 Woodward Ave., Royal Oak. Join us at 7 p.m. for an informational meeting about the upcoming marathon fundraisers for homeless pets. We will be in the back meeting room of Caribou Coffee. You could even earn a free trip to Las Vegas! RSVP to email@example.com.
- Sunday, October 20: Detroit Marathon. Paws for Life is raising money through the Detroit Free Press/Talmer Bank marathon or half-marathon this Fall. Click here for more information. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sunday, November 17: Las Vegas Rock 'n Roll Marathon. Paws for Life is raising money through the Las Vegas Rock 'n Roll marathon or half-marathon this Fall. Runners and walkers who raise enough money from sponsors and pledges will earn a free trip to Vegas, plus race registration fees covered. Click here for more information. RSVP to email@example.com.
Adoption and Foster Care Application: https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dDFIYXdMYUdlVXEwT0l4cGpOM2lhSHc6MQ
Complete the application at the link above or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to tell us which pet you're interested in and we'll send you a questionnaire that will help us make the best match for you and your new pet. We then arrange a location, date and time for you to meet some pets. If the meeting goes well and everyone is happy, you begin the mandatory, minimum two-week adjustment period with the pet as part of your family. You will pay the non-refundable adoption fee at the start of the two-week adjustment period. This pending period allows your new dog or cat time to adjust to their new home, new people, new routine, etc., and for you to decide if it's a match and the right pet for you. At the end of two weeks (some people extend the adjustment time as needed and that's fine too), if everyone is happy, then we finalize the adoption. Feel free to email if you have any questions.