found a new home!
Plenty of my friends are looking
for one too. Find a pet to adopt.
Find a pet to adopt
My name is EINSTEIN!
Facts about EINSTEIN
- Breed: Cockatoo
- Color: White
- Age: Adult
- Sex: Male
I am a special needs pet, in need of an experienced adopter, good with kids, and good with birds.
Description* If this ad is still up, the bird is still available *
• (PLEASE NO PHONE CALLS! * E-MAIL US FIRST)*
• NOTICE ; WE WILL ONLY CONSIDER PLACING EINSTEIN WITHIN 30 MILES OF VANCOUVER WASHINGTON.*** NO EXCEPTIONS!*** AGAIN** NO EXCEPTIONS
Einstein is a 22 Year old male feather plucked Umbrella Cockatoo. Einstein hasn’t attempted to pluck himself in the past few years. Einstein is a VERY tame, sweet cuddly, baby who acts like a Spoiled brat who is as smart as his name. He also mimics his name and “Einstein” “poor Einstein” and more. He was a smothered spoiled brat whose owner died in a car accident 3 years ago. “Einstein” was given constant attention for his first 19 years. He has stopped feather picking and he dose require a cuddling understanding new parent. “Einstein” looks like he is wearing a tuxedo due to his feather plucked chest. But don’t let his looks fool you; he has a Very Big Gentle Heart.
Einstein’s Special Needs are:
• Einstein will need a second cage for your bedroom. (You will need to provide the second cage.)
• Einstein needs to sleep in his new owners’ bedroom caged due to severe separation anxiety. He is a sensitive spoiled brat If you don’t let him sleep with you he will cry for six hours or more until you get him.
• Einstein needs to be in view of his owner most of the time or he will WHALE cry until he sees you in his sight. This was a terrible habit the first owner taught him.
• Einstein loves a large variety of fruit & veggies, and some mash potatoes, warm cereal, pasta and other safe and healthy foods.
• “Einstein” is also bit of a ham, “Einstein” likes to dance and show off and he enjoys a variety of toys and likes to be in constant view of his new owner.
Again, “Einstein” can be a bit vocal at times when you’re out of his view. Einstein needs a knowledgeable experienced Cockatoo handler who will give him plenty of attention. He is not jealous of other humans like some other Cockatoos; he just wants to please his owner.
• Only knowledgeable experienced Cockatoo handler need to apply for Einstein.
• With all of this in mind, WE WILL NOT CONSIDER placing Einstein in a Condo or Apartment. You will need to have a house. So please don’t waste your time inquiring. Pre-Home visit before placement
• *(WE ARE ONLY LOOKING TO PLACE HIM LOCALLY SO WE CAN CONDUCT A PRE-HOME VISIT- NO EXCEPTIONS! ~ SORRY)
• “Einstein” has a large cage that he likes to be placed in view of the TV. YOU will need to provide your own bedroom sleeping cage for Einstein .
• Einstein can speak; he can say his name with a sweet voice and barks like a dog, and more.
Can you offer “Einstein” a good home?
• SORRY* NO TRADING OR BARTERING*
• WE WILL ONLY CONSIDER PLACING EINSTEIN WITHIN 30 MILES OF VANCOUVER WASHINGTON.*** NO EXCEPTIONS!*** AGAIN** NO EXCEPTIONS
$375.00 ADOPTION FEE INCLUDES CAGE, TOYS AND SUPPLIES.
Adoption fee insures that this bird is being adopted by a family that can afford to give this bird proper care also the adoption fee go towards helping other homeless birds.
*PLEASE DO NOT CALL US ABOUT THIS BIRD.
E-MAIL YOUR CONTACT PHONE NUMBER AND WE WILL CALL YOU.
• IF YOU ARE SERIOUS ABOUT ADOPTING` ALL QUESTIONS WILL BE ANSWERED BY OUR RETURN PHONE CALL
• • (PLEASE NO PHONE CALLS! * E-MAIL US FIRST)*
*NO PHONE NUMBER~ NO REPLY*
• AGAIN *SORRY WE DO NOT ALLOW VISITORS ANYMORE
• WE WILL VISIT YOU *SORRY* NO EXCEPTIONS.
• SORRY TOO MANY PHONY’S HAVE INQUIRED
Vancouver, Washington 98684
Please read below to read more about this species:
Common Names: Cockatoo, Umbrella Cockatoo, White Cockatoo.
Scientific Name: Cacatua alba.
Size: About 24 inches in length from the beak to the tip of the tailfeathers.
Average Lifespan: Umbrella Cockatoos can live up to 80 years or more in captivity, when properly cared for.
Temperament: Umbrella Cockatoos are gentle, docile, and sweet tempered by nature, making them well suited to be companion birds. They are very rarely aggressive, and quickly form strong bonds with their caretakers.
Colors: Umbrella Cockatoos are primarily white with yellow on the underside of their wing feathers. They have black beaks and gray or black feet. Some exhibit a tinge of light blue in the rings around their eyes.
Feeding: Like all large parrots, Umbrella Cockatoos are big eaters. The best diet for one of these birds should consist of a high quality extruded pellet, and should be supplemented with fresh fruits, vegetables, and the occasional nuts or seeds every day.
Exercise: Umbrella Cockatoos are active birds, and like all parrots, need ample time out of their cage each day for play and exercise. The strong beak of the Umbrella Cockatoo must be exercised as well, so it's a good idea to provide these birds several chewable bird toys.
Umbrella Cockatoos as Pets: The vast majority of handfed Umbrella Cockatoos make extremely sweet, charming, intelligent, and well behaved pets. Just as with any bird, however, prospective owners should be sure that they can meet the needs of an Umbrella before rushing out and buying one.
Umbrella Cockatoos are large birds, and they need a large cage and area to play in. They can also be quite loud when they decide to be, being able to produce a call that can be heard for up to 3 miles away! This may mean that an Umbrella may not be the best choice for those who live in apartments or condos, or those with close neighbors.
Umbrellas are also very social and very intelligent, meaning that their brains need stimulation on a daily basis. A properly prepared Cockatoo owner should have an arsenal of safe bird toys at his or her disposal, and should be able to devote a minimum of one to two hours a day to socializing with their pet. Most Cockatoos thrive on being handled, loved and petted, so affectionate owners are a good match for these parrots!
For a person that can meet the needs of these magnificent birds, Umbrella Cockatoos can be the best feathered friend in the world. Most are gentle enough to be handled by older children, and many Umbrella Cockatoos are beloved family pets. They can be taught to do tricks and mimic speech, making them delightfully entertaining companions for bird lovers both young and old. No wonder these big white parrots are so popular -- their comical charms with steal your heart!