Meow! My name is Karni
|Breed:||Domestic Shorthair||Color:||Black & White Or Tuxedo||Age:||Young|
I am already spayed, up to date with shots, and good with cats.
Karni is the most affectionate and sweetest girl. She was abandoned in the Pet Smart parking lot along with some other cats and kittens and has been in a foster home for the past year. She is approximately 1.5 years old. She comes running when you call her name and will plop herself down next to you, roll over on her back and wait for you to rub her stomach. She has a few favorite toy mice and runs around the house with the toy mouse in her mouth. She is not the bully of the group but when she is hungry, she will push her cat friends out of the way. Please give this sweet girl a chance. You will not regret bringing her into your family
Rescue Group Info...
Who we are:
Like so many of the other rescue groups, Lost Paws is a group made up entirely of volunteers. Many of these volunteers foster the homeless cats awaiting adoption in their homes. We rescue our animals mainly from high kill shelters where they are often on the list awaiting euthanasia to create room in the overburdened shelters. We rescue them from this fate in order to give them a second chance at finding a loving home and enrich the lives of their adopters.
Our Mission Is:
1. To rescue animals from situations that are abusive, endangering and/or neglectful, such as kill shelters where overcrowding leads to euthanasia of wonderful companion animals
2. Increase the quality of life for stray, unwanted and homeless animals by caring for them and seeking suitable homes
3. To inform the public of these situations in order to put a stop to animal abuse and irresponsible breeding
4. To provide foster homes for these animals
5. To provide necessary veterinary care
6. To promote the importance of spaying/neutering and provide same as part of the adoption process
7. To place rescued animals into permanent adoptive homes
PetSmart , Bridgewater, NJ
Fur Majesty, Clinton, NJ
The potential pet parent makes an email or phone inquiry.
Lost Paws sends a reply email with more detail on the adoption process, provides fee information, what medical is covered as part of the adoption, and attaches a blank adoption application.
The applicant then returns the completed application.
Lost Paws reviews the application.
If approved, the adopter is notified, an appointment is arranged, and adopter visits to meet and adopt.
The adoption agreement outlining the adopter's responsibilities and requirements is filled out and signed by them before taking their new family member home with them.
100 mile radius from Somerset, NJ. Covers NJ, NYC, and parts of NY State, CT, PA.