Ruff Ruff! My name is Louie - Only $25 adoption fee!
found a new home!
Plenty of my friends are looking for one too. Find a pet to adopt.
Other Pets at Shelter...
Louie - Only $25 adoption fee!'s Info...
Rescue Group: Safe Haven Animal Rescue of AZ
|Breed:||Border Terrier/Pug Mix||Color:||Brindle||Age:||Adult|
|Size:||Small 25 lbs (11 kg) or less||Sex:||Male||ID#:||A399445|
PROFILES ARE UPDATED OFTEN.
This cute little guy was saved off the euthanasia list at one of the kill shelters. He has a wonderful unique look! We took our best guess at what he is a mix of. He loves to chase bugs, look out the front window and is a big time cuddler! He also LOVES to train & has learned many words. Louie has a sweet, bold personality & loves people & other animals. The fact that he has SUCH a sweet personality makes him even more endearing! He would like nothing more than to crawl up in your lap when you sit down, & sleep in bed with you at night. Louie is a lower energy dog & he is so easy care!
He is a big time cuddle bug & would LOVE to hang out with you on the couch & watch TV. He is so sweet & a lot of fun, he loves to play around the house with the other small dogs, & play tug of war with you. All this sweet little guy wants is to be with you & loved!
Age/Birthday: 4 years
Weight at last Vet visit: 12 lbs (He was way to skinny though. He weighs more around 15 lbs now)
This dog/puppy is currently learning:
- To go potty in a certain corner of the yard
- Mailman (to bark when the mail comes)
- Not to dash out the door
- Lay Down
- Ok (This is a command release)
- This way (when you are walking & change direction)
- Drop it
- Scooch (to move out of the way)
- Out (go out of the room)
- Go lay down
- Up High (to stand on their hind legs)
- Back up
- Outside? (if you say this & get a reaction, they need to go outside to go potty)
- Go potty
- To bark when s/he wants to come inside
- Good girl/boy
- Bad girl/boy
- Stand up
- Ready (alerts them you are about to throw something)
- Inside (to go in the crate)
(What each pet learns depends on the foster home that the pet is placed in, & how much time that foster has had to work with them).
Cats: Great with cats! He is very sweet with them. He lived with cats in his previous home, & also lives with cats in his current foster home. :-)
Dogs: Great with all dogs, all sizes. Very gentle & appropriate.
Kids: The kids would need to be older kids that would be gentle with him.
Men: Great with most men
Women: Great with women, he loves attention & just wants to be with you!
Crate Trained: Yes, he will whine when he needs to be let out to go potty
House Trained: Yes, He will go over & sit by the back door when he needs to go out & goes straight to the potty corner.
Leash Trained: Great on the leash & listens well. He gets excited to go & does a funny little happy dance when it's his turn! He loves to sniff around & explore, & to greet other dogs on the walks. He's super easy to walk!
Car: Great in the car. He likes to be on your lap & look out the window.
Other issues: Nothing, he's WONDERFUL!
Adoption fee is only $25 & includes:
- Spay/Neuter surgery
- Up to date on Vaccinations
- Harness *
- Other surprise goodies from Safe Haven
- Free office visit to Vet or 50% off any Optimum Wellness Plan
- Other coupons from Partners
- Available Paperwork: Spay/Neuter records, Vaccs records, Vet records, Micro records, Recommendation list, etc...
- Continued Support: Safe Haven will be there for the lifetime of your new adopted pet. If you ever have questions or concerns, we will always be there to help. Our goal is for you & your pet to live happily ever after!
If you are interested in adopting this pet, you must be willing to come to Phoenix, AZ to meet them.
Please e-mail for an application
After we receive your application, we will contact you so you can meet him/her. WE ARE CLOSED ON SATURDAY.
ADOPTING A CAT OR DOG IS UP TO A 20 YEAR COMMITMENT! THEY ARE NOT OBJECTS THAT YOU CAN GET RID OF WHEN THEY BECOME INCONVENIENT. THEY ARE LIVING, BREATHING ANIMALS WITH FEELINGS. IF YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO TAKE CARE OF, LOVE, & PAY FOR EVERYTHING THIS PET NEEDS FOR 20 YEARS, THEN PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR AN APPLICATION
* Safe Haven STRONGLY believes that collars should only be used as decoration. A dog can slip out of collar. Which becomes a problem if your dog gets lost, or you are trying to restrain your dog, & it comes off. Also, attaching a leash to a collar puts pressure on the neck, which is one of the most sensitive areas of the body, & could hurt them. For these reasons, Safe Haven includes a harness with every dog adoption to ensure the safety of the dog, as a harness is more expensive than a collar & some adopters will not buy them for this reason. A harness distributes the weight on the chest & shoulders. It also has a handle on the back that you can grab if need be, without hurting your pet (EX: Dog falls off your boat, just grab the handle & pull your pet back in with no harm done. With a collar, you would have to strangle your dog when pulling your dog in). Also a dog cannot slip out of a harness, so it is much easier to restrain them & they will never loose their ID if they get lost.
If you need harnesses for your other dogs, additional harnesses can be purchased for a reduced price:
$5 for small
$6 for medium
$7 for large
No tax is charged as we are a non-profit. 100% of the proceeds goes towards the pets at Safe Haven.