found a new home!
Plenty of my friends are looking
for one too. Find a pet to adopt.
My name is Smokey!
Facts about Smokey
- Breed: Domestic Shorthair
- Color: Gray Or Blue (Mostly)
- Age: Senior
- Sex: Male
- ID#: Smokey
- Hair: Short
I am already neutered, up to date with shots, declawed, good with kids, and good with cats.
Hi! My name is Smokey. I am Mr. Loverboy Lapcat. I'm a great cat who loves to love, loves to cuddle and LOVES attention. I am good with other animals, but would be just as happy being the only cat so that I can have all the attention for myself. If you would like to lounge and relax with a handsome boy like me on your lap or by your side, then look no further! I'm a lover and that's all I want. I was rescued from an animal control shelter where I had been abandoned along with my brother Patches. We are roughly 10 years old, front declawed, neutered and litterbox trained. We need to find a home soon where we can live out our lives being loved and cared for. We do not have to be adopted together, although our companionship is the only thing we still have that's familiar to us. Our owner died and without any family members to take us in, we ended up at the shelter. Because we’re a little older, we weren’t being put up for adoption. We’re really nice cats who deserve a home and someone to love for life. Adoption fee: $40. Adopt the pair: $80.
- Sunday, February 24: Bowling Event at 5 Star Lanes, 2666 Metropolitan Pkwy, Sterling Heights. Help Paws for Life raise money for homeless pets while having a great time! For just $25, you enjoy three games of bowling, shoe rental, pizza, pop and a free raffle ticket. Game one starts at 4:30 p.m. at 5 Star Lanes in Sterling Heights. RSVP to email@example.com.
- Saturday, March 2: Adoption Event, Scentsy Open House, BUNCO Party, Dinner and Karaoke at Rochester Eagles Club, 650 Woodward, Rochester. Join us at 5:30 for pizza and salad, followed by BUNCO game play at 7 p.m. Just $20 per person. Bunco is a fun dice game that’s easy to learn. Enjoy cash prizes, raffles, 50/50, Scentsy sale and adoptable pets, plus stick around for Karaoke after Bunco. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Thursday, March 7: Informational Meeting About Marathons at Caribou Coffee, 31901 Woodward Ave., Royal Oak. Join us at 7 p.m. for an informational meeting about the upcoming marathon fundraisers for homeless pets. We will be in the back meeting room of Caribou Coffee. You could even earn a free trip to Las Vegas! RSVP to email@example.com.
- Sunday, April 28: Romping With Rover at Brys Park (near Harper Ave. & Brys Dr.), St. Clair Shores. This 5K fun run/walk supports Angels Supporting Animals, a local organization that raises funds to support animal rescues. Paws for Life will have an info booth, adoptable pets and full Scentsy open house. The event begins at 8 a.m. for runners and at 9:30 a.m. for walkers. Come see us between 8 a.m. and noon! Call 586-778-3897 or 586-441-9668 for more info.
- Sunday, October 20: Detroit Marathon. Paws for Life is raising money through the Detroit Free Press/Talmer Bank marathon or half-marathon this Fall. Click here for more information. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sunday, November 17: Las Vegas Rock 'n Roll Marathon. Paws for Life is raising money through the Las Vegas Rock 'n Roll marathon or half-marathon this Fall. Runners and walkers who raise enough money from sponsors and pledges will earn a free trip to Vegas, plus race registration fees covered. Click here for more information. RSVP to email@example.com.
Adoption and Foster Care Application: https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dDFIYXdMYUdlVXEwT0l4cGpOM2lhSHc6MQ
Complete the application at the link above or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to tell us which pet you're interested in and we'll send you a questionnaire that will help us make the best match for you and your new pet. We then arrange a location, date and time for you to meet some pets. If the meeting goes well and everyone is happy, you begin the mandatory, minimum two-week adjustment period with the pet as part of your family. You will pay the non-refundable adoption fee at the start of the two-week adjustment period. This pending period allows your new dog or cat time to adjust to their new home, new people, new routine, etc., and for you to decide if it's a match and the right pet for you. At the end of two weeks (some people extend the adjustment time as needed and that's fine too), if everyone is happy, then we finalize the adoption. Feel free to email if you have any questions.