Other Pets at Shelter...
Rusty - ADOPTED!'s Info...
|Breed:||Domestic Shorthair||Color:||Tan Or Fawn (Mostly)||Age:||Adult|
Date of Birth: estimated September 1, 2011
Male - NEUTERED
Short Haired Light Orange Tabby and White
Hi! Im Rusty, and I came to Tigerlily Cat Rescue after some Good Samaritans rescued me from outside. They were sure I had a family, but after weeks of trying to find them with no luck, they decided I deserved to have a forever home to call my own! Im friendly, outgoing, and playful! I seem to do ok with other kitties too. I am quite the happy fellow, and I would just love to have that purrfect home to call my own! Could it be with you?
Rescue Group Info...
Tigerlily Cat Rescue is a group of volunteers, dedicated to helping homeless cats and kittens find forever homes and to helping reduce the pet overpopulation problem. We are a state and federal non-profit rescue group. We rescue, sterilize, and make every effort to adopt healthy and friendly cats and kittens!
734 E Big Beaver Rd
Troy, MI 48083
Please call or e-mail us for an adoption questionnaire!
We do require adopters to be at least 21 years old.
* If you are leasing, we do ask that you provide a copy of your rental agreement showing that cats are allowed.
* We also ask that all adults living in the home agree with the adoption and addition of a feline friend to the family.
* For families with young children (under 6), kittens over 6 months are best.
* If the pet is to be alone for a significant amount of time, we ask that you consider adopting an older kitten or adult, or consider adopting two kittens to keep each other company. Young kittens are susceptible to social-depression if alone for a significant amount of time.
* We also discourage "gift" adoptions unless it is from a parent to a minor child.
* We do not permit 4-paw declawing of our cats. Often, 4-paw declawing leads to behavioral problems. Front-declawing is not advisable for cats over 1 year old. We encourage alternatives to declawing, such as nail trimming and scratch-training. Please ask us if you have any questions about these alternatives!
Our adoption fee of $100 includes feline leukemia/FIV testing, deworming, flea preventative, and age-appropriate vaccines. All Tigerlily cats are thoroughly examined by a veterinarian. All adults are spayed/neutered. For kittens too young for sterilization, $25 of the adoption fee is refunded when proof of the sterilization is sent to Tigerlily Cat Rescue.