Ruff Ruff! My name is Petey
|Breed:||American Bulldog Mix||Color:||White - With Black||Age:||Young|
|Size:||Large 61-100 lbs (28-45 kg)||Sex:||Male||ID#:||4509346|
I am already neutered, housetrained, up to date with shots, and good with kids.
Petey is a very handsome American Bulldog mix. He is approximately 1 year old. He is still very puppy like in his play, goofy and clumsy. He is very sweet and would love to have a running partner. He was not socialized with other dogs when he was young, so he would do best as an only dog. He just doesn't understand his own size and strength when playing with other dogs. He would greatly benefit from formalized training classes. It would not only help him, but strengthen the bond with his new owner. Please come meet Petey today. You will not be disappointed.
If you are interested in adopting, please go to our website at www.castawaypetrescue.org and fill out an adoption application. An adoption counselor will contact you. Please bring any dogs, children, and decision makers to your appointment. Be prepared to adopt and take your new family member home that day if we have a match.
Please note that adoption counselors will only know of your interest if you submit an application. They do not see emails sent to the administration email account. The adoption counselor can answer your questions when they call after receiving your application. Please remember we are an all volunteer organization.
Minimum Adoption Donation is $250 (includes deworming, microchip with free registration, age appropriate vaccinations, spay if performed by our vet, 30 days of health insurance). Any donation above the minimum is appreciated.
Foster Home Location: Waukegan, IL
Our organization uses 24PetWatch microchips, which include free registration into the 24PetWatch pet recovery service. For more information visit www.24petwatch.com or call 1-866-597-2424.
To help reduce the financial and health risk, this dog also comes with 30 days of pre-paid pet health insurance. For more information please visit www.sheltercare.com or call 1-866-375-PETS.
More information about Castaway Pet Rescue
Help this Rescue Group by making a donation.
Rescue Group Info...
Castaway Pet Rescue Inc. is a non-profit, foster-home based pet rescue organization located in Northeast Illinois. We bring homeless dogs into our network of volunteer foster homes (our personal homes) where they receive medical care and are given the chance to acclimate to life outside a shelter. Our foster homes aid in evaluating the personality and temperament of the dog to assist in providing the best adoptive home situation possible.
Dogs are generally taken from animal control shelters in our local communities, where they were going to be euthanized due to a lack of space. We look for dogs that will make good companions for their future families and deserve a second chance or, in some cases, a third chance before it is too late.
To initiate the adoption process, please complete the following steps:
1. Please fill out the form on our website to submit your adoption application. When you press SEND, the form will be automatically emailed to Castaway Pet Rescue, Inc.
2. One of our adoption counselors will review the application, check your vet reference, and reply back to you. We may have additional questions or require a home visit.
3. Once your application is approved, we will contact you to schedule a visit with the dog you are interested in. Please select a time when the entire family including current dogs can visit.
4. If the dog still has outstanding medical procedures to be performed, we will inform you at the time we schedule the visit with the dog. All dogs must be spayed or nuetered.
5. We prefer the adoption be completed at the time of the visit if you and the dog agree that we have a match. Please come prepared to take your new family member home with you.