10 TOP REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD ADOPT AN ALL BLACK KITTY (OR TWO!!)
We have some beautiful all black kittens that need wonderful, inside only homes.
ALL OF THE WORK HAS BEEN DONE FOR YOU; THEY HAVE ALREADY BEEN SPAYED/NEUTERED, DE-WORMED, HAVE HAD OR ARE HAVING THEIR SHOTS, ARE FLEA-FREE, ARE OTHER KITTY FRIENDLY AND MOST ARE ALSO NON-AGGRESSIVE DOG FRIENDLY.
Did you know that black cats have the lowest adoption rate and the highest euthanasia rate? Why? We're not quite sure. Maybe it's the superstition factor. Some people say they can't see or make a connection with a black cat in a poorly lit kennel. And for folks browsing the internet for pets, black cats don't always show up in photographs as well as their lighter colored brethren. For whatever reason, black cats are statistically less likely to be adopted than more brightly colored felines.
Black cats are also most often not pulled from shelters by many rescue groups because they are so hard to place. These cats are often left waiting in shelters with hopes of finding a loving home, only to be destroyed once their time is up. Michele of Pretty Good Cat ResQ does not discriminate based on color. It is true that our black cats often take longer to find homes -- and that they take up much needed foster space during this time. But our philosophy is that black ;kitties need LOVE and SAFE HOMES TO!! So....if you are thinking of adding a kitty to YOUR family, here are the 10 top reasons why you should adopt a black kitty (or 2)!!!
10. You can always find your black cat in the snow. OK, no snow in California... but you can find them easily on any light colored surface such your carpet or your floral bedspread.
9. Black goes with everything - It's true. You know it; we know it. You've got your black power suit on, your white cat jumps on your lap, it's all over. But if your black cat wants a little love and affection, no harm done--your look is only enhanced!
8. Black cats look like little panthers. Their regal breeding is very apparent.
7. A black cat will match any decor. You won't have to redecorate your house to coordinate with your cat. They are totally willing to pose on gold velvet, white velvet, pink velvet, or your sofa cushion to add taste and beauty to any room of your home. They'll perch on the brocade chair; sleep on the rug; curl in the middle of the bed. You name it, they're willing to go to great lengths to help you make your home beautiful. They're that kind of cat.
6. Black is beautiful. There's the deep, auburn shaded black, the blue black, the black with tiny white highlights here and there, the sleek black, the fluffy black, the black with bunny-soft fur, the black with yellow eyes, the black with green eyes, the black with grey eyes... Well, you get the picture. Black is not just black; there are as many different kinds of black cats as there are cats!
5. Bad Luck, Schmuck! When you love a black cat, luck is on your side!
A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere.
- Groucho Marx
4. Black cats have more fun. You only thought blondes had more fun. Black cats are fun-loving, playful, full of spark and energy. They try harder to make up for the image they somehow got as dull and dreary. They're like the sun streaming in a window on a rainy day; like the circus coming to town; they're just plain fantastic.
3. Black cats are loving. Look, they know their reputation--scary. They've seen the illustrations--skinny cats with nasty long teeth. And they're nothing like that. They go overboard to be as affectionate and loving as any fluffy white, pink-nosed bunny kitty could be, and you get all the other benefits too.
2. Love knows no color! Your cat doesn't care what color YOUR hair is!
And the # 1 reason to adopt a black cat is that Black Cats are the least likely to get adopted!
WE LOOK FOR FAMILIES FOR OUR KITTIES THAT WANT AN INDOOR KITTY ONLY!! TOO MANY DANGERS OUT THERE, ESPECIALLY HERE IN OUR DESERT, FOR THEM TO BE WANDERING AROUND OUTSIDE!!
Michele of Tender Loving Critters Animal Rescue can be reached at : 760/567-0768 if you have any questions.
Your message has been sent to Michelescats of Tender Loving Critters Animal Rescue.
You'll receive a copy, too, at to help you keep track of which pets you've inquired about, and which shelters and rescues you've emailed.
NOTE: Some shelters have physical locations you can visit; some of these shelters may only have pets for a limited time, so please do not wait for a reply—just go visit the shelter! Other organizations are rescue groups run by busy volunteers who may take a while to reply. You can find information about the shelter or rescue group caring for this pet, and their adoption procedures, on the pet's details page on Adopt-a-Pet.com.