Other Pets at Shelter...
|Breed:||Border Collie/Labrador Retriever Mix||Color:||Brown/Chocolate - With White||Age:||Adult|
|Size:||Large 61-100 lbs (28-45 kg)||Sex:||Male|
This is Ray, one of our superstars! Ray is one of our dogs who went through obedience training this past summer, he does very well on a leash and is a very sweet boy. Ray is a 2 year old border collie/lab mix. He was found at a campsite in Pend Oreille. Ray is super friendly and loves people, he gets along fine with other dogs and he just loves attention. Ray is a super fast learner and really enjoyed his time spent at obedience class, he tries very hard to please. Ray will make a fantastic addition to any family.
Who We Are
The Colville Valley Animal Sanctuary is an all-volunteer organization dedicated to the rescue and rehabilitation of abandoned, neglected, and otherwise homeless companion animals. We provide both crisis and long-term sheltering, medical care, fostering, and adoption services - all with the goal of placing our animals permanently in safe and loving homes. We spay and neuter all of the animals in our care and actively promote, through financial donations and community support, the effort to reduce the number of unwanted animals in Stevens County, Wa.
What We Do
We provide temporary shelter for up to 100 cats and dogs at any given time. Amazingly, we are successful in finding permanent adoptive homes for most of our animals. We can accommodate up to 21 adult dogs and 15 puppies, and 30 adult cats and 30 kittens at one time. We are currently staffed entirely by volunteers who provide love, stability and a place to call home for our animals.
Long and short-term sheltering
Rescue/retrieval of animals
Adoption coordination and counselling
Routine and emergency medical care
Foster and domiciliary care
Transportation for veterinary care
Spaying and neutering
Rehabilitation to overcome trauma
Foster care for special needs animals
Pet food assistance program
Feral cat program (trap, spay/neuter, release)
We would love to have you visit us and the animals. Please give us a call so we can schedule an appointment. Our kennel manager is available 7 days a week by appointment to greet you at the sanctuary. We would hate to miss you, so please call ahead. 509-684-1475
1. Choose a pet from our Adopt-a-Pet listings.
2. Send us an email and schedule a time to come to the Sanctuary and meet with your chosen pet.
3. If you like the pet you meet, you will then fill out an adoption application and contract. Your application will be reviewed with the goal of finding the best possible match between the animal and adopting family.
4. Once you are approved, you can take the animal home (in most cases).
5. Some animals do require a home check. If the animal you are interested in requires a home check, one of our group representatives will make an appointment to bring the animal to your home for a visit. Ultimately, our objective is to facilitate a successful placement that meets the needs of both the animal and the adopting family.
Adoption fee is $150.00
The Colville Valley Animal Sanctuary is an all-volunteer organization dedicated to the rescue and rehabilitation of abandoned, neglected, and otherwise homeless companion animals. We serve the greater Stevens County, Wa area.