Ruff Ruff! My name is Spooky- Only $55 adoption fee!
found a new home!
Plenty of my friends are looking for one too. Find a pet to adopt.
Other Pets at Shelter...
Spooky- Only $55 adoption fee!'s Info...
Rescue Group: Safe Haven Animal Rescue of AZ
|Breed:||Chihuahua/Miniature Pinscher Mix||Color:||Brown/Chocolate - With Tan||Age:||Young|
|Size:||Small 25 lbs (11 kg) or less||Sex:||Female||ID#:||A393790|
PROFILES ARE UPDATED OFTEN
This ADORABLE little cutie was saved off the euthanasia list at one of the kill shelters. She was listed as a Miniature Pinscher, but she is to small to be a Min Pin & Min Pins don't have white on them. She looks more like, & fits the AKC standards, of a purebred Chihuahua. Spooky is a great little dog! She has a confident, dominant personality. Don't let this tiny pint sized dog fool you. She's a big dog in a teeny tiny body, LOL! She is also super sweet & playful & LOVES balls & stuffed animals! Nothing makes this little cuddlebug happier than to be able to crawl up in your lap, lean right up to you & settle in. All this sweet little dog wants is to be with you & loved!
Age/Birthday: 2 yrs
Weight at last Vet visit: 6 lbs
This dog/puppy is currently learning:
- To go potty in a certain corner of the yard
- Mailman (to bark when the mail comes)
- Not to dash out the door
- Lay Down
- Ok (This is a command release)
- This way (when you are walking & change direction)
- Drop it
- Scooch (To move out of the way)
- Out (go out of the room)
- Go lay down
- Up High (to stand on their hind legs)
- Back up
- Outside? (if you say this & get a reaction, they need to go outside to go potty)
- Go potty
- To bark when s/he wants to come inside
- Good girl/boy
- Bad girl/boy
- Stand up
- Ready (alerts them you are about to throw something)
- Inside (to go in the crate)
(What each pet learns depends on the foster home they were placed in & how much time that foster has had to work with them)
Cats: She is good with cats & doesn't pay much attention to them. She is less than half the size of an average cat. Since she has had jealousy issues with dogs, we are asking that she be the only pet.
Dogs: She currently lives with 2 other dogs in her foster home. She plays with them & gets along great with them for the most part, but sometimes gets jealous over people, toys, & food, & acts out. So we are asking that no other dogs be in the home.
Kids: She lived with children in her previous home, & currently lives with 4 children in her foster home. Ages 10 yrs, 12 yrs, 14 yrs, and 16 yrs. She has picked the youngest child as her favorite person in her foster home.
Crate Trained: Yes
House Trained: Yes, she is BOTH doggy door trained & will also signal to go outside if you don't have one.
Leash Trained: Yes, she LOVES to go for walks & is very easy to walk
Car: LOVES car rides & gets excited to go! She likes to look out the window :-)
Other issues: None, she ADORABLE!
Adoption fee is only $55 & includes:
- Spay/Neuter surgery
- Up to date on Vaccinations
- Harness *
- Other surprise goodies from Safe Haven
- Free office visit to Vet or 50% off any Optimum Wellness Plan
- Other coupons from Partners
- Available Paperwork: Spay/Neuter records, Vaccs records, Vet records, Micro records, Recommendation list, etc...
- Continued Support: Safe Haven will be there for the lifetime of your new adopted pet. If you ever have questions or concerns, we will always be there to help. Our goal is for you & your pet to live happily ever after!
If you are interested in adopting this pet, you must be willing to come to Phoenix, AZ to meet them.
Please e-mail for an application
After we receive your application, we will contact you so you can meet him/her. (Meet & greets are done on Thursdays, Fridays & Sundays. If for some reason you are not available on these days, we will try to accommodate you the best we can.)
ADOPTING A CAT OR DOG IS UP TO A 20 YEAR COMMITMENT! THEY ARE NOT OBJECTS THAT YOU CAN GET RID OF WHEN THEY BECOME INCONVENIENT. THEY ARE INNOCENT LIVING, BREATHING ANIMALS WITH FEELINGS THAT DEPEND ON YOU TO TAKE CARE OF THEM. IF YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO TAKE CARE OF, LOVE, & PAY FOR EVERYTHING THIS PET NEEDS FOR UP TO 20 YEARS, THEN PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR AN APPLICATION.
* Safe Haven STRONGLY believes that collars should only be used as decoration. A dog can slip out of collar. Which becomes a problem if your dog gets lost, or you are trying to restrain your dog, & it comes off. Also, attaching a leash to a collar puts pressure on the neck, which is one of the most sensitive areas of the body, & could hurt them. For these reasons, Safe Haven includes a harness with every dog adoption to ensure the safety of the dog, as a harness is more expensive than a collar & some adopters will not buy them for this reason. A harness distributes the weight on the chest & shoulders. It also has a handle on the back that you can grab if need be, without hurting your pet (EX: Dog falls off your boat, just grab the handle & pull your pet back in with no harm done. With a collar, you would have to strangle your dog when pulling your dog in). Also a dog cannot slip out of a harness, so it is much easier to restrain them & they will never loose their ID if they get lost.
If you need harnesses for your other dogs, additional harnesses can be purchased for a reduced price:
$5 for small
$6 for medium
$7 for large
No tax is charged as we are a non-profit