Ruff Ruff! My name is Shorty-Only $85 adoption fee!
found a new home!
Plenty of my friends are looking for one too. Find a pet to adopt.
Other Pets at Shelter...
Shorty-Only $85 adoption fee!'s Info...
Rescue Group: Safe Haven Animal Rescue of AZ
|Breed:||Dachshund/Chihuahua Mix||Color:||Tricolor (Tan/Brown & Black & White)||Age:||Puppy|
|Size:||Small 25 lbs (11 kg) or less||Sex:||Male||ID#:||A406327|
PROFILES ARE UPDATED OFTEN
Shorty is great! He is such a sweet little boy! Very gentle and very warm. He warms up to everyone and he is the sweetest little puppy I have had the pleasure to foster!
He has lots of puppy energy & would do great with someone who would take him for daily walks. This little baby boy loves to cuddle and give kisses. :-) He already knows some words like "come" and "sit", & we are working on others. He is goofy and shy at first, & once he warms up he is SO friendly with everyone and is very playful! He loves to play with stuffed animals & rubber kong toys. He is a great puppy for children and families.
Age/Birthday: 10 months
Weight at last Vet visit: 7 lbs
This dog/puppy is currently learning:
- Not to dash out the door
- Lay Down
- Ok (This is a command release)
- Drop it
- Go lay down
- Outside? (if you say this & get a reaction, they need to go outside to go potty)
Cats: Shorty is great with cats! He is friendly with them and enjoys playing with them. To CUTE!
Dogs: Shorty loves other dogs. Big or Small he loves them all & wants to play.
Men: He is fine with men.
Women: He loves women.
Crate Trained: No
House Trained: For the most part yes. He is still just a baby & can not hold it for really long periods of time.
Leash Trained: Yes, he likes to go on walks.
Car: He is just fine in a car. No problems.
Other issues: None, He's soooo ADORABLE! He is a fun loving dog, great for a family.
If you are adopting a puppy, all puppies chew. This can be easily managed with rawhide bones or chew toys to direct their behavior to something that is acceptable to chew on, using bitter apple spray on the things they are not allowed to chew on, & crating your puppy when you are unable to monitor them.
Adoption fee is only $85 & includes:
- Spay/Neuter surgery
- Up to date on Vaccinations
- Harness *
- Other surprise goodies from Safe Haven
- Free office visit to Vet or 50% off any Optimum Wellness Plan
- Other coupons from Partners
- Available Paperwork: Spay/Neuter records, Vaccs records, Vet records, Micro records, Recommendation list, etc...
- Continued Support: Safe Haven will be there for the lifetime of your new adopted pet. If you ever have questions or concerns, we will always be there to help. Our goal is for you & your pet to live happily ever after!
If you are interested in adopting this pet, you must be willing to come to Phoenix, AZ to meet them.
Please e-mail for an application
After we receive your application, we will contact you so you can meet him/her. (Meet & greets are done on Thursdays, Fridays & Sundays. If for some reason you are not available on these days, we will try to accommodate you the best we can.)
ADOPTING A CAT OR DOG IS UP TO A 20 YEAR COMMITMENT! THEY ARE NOT OBJECTS THAT YOU CAN GET RID OF WHEN THEY BECOME INCONVENIENT. THEY ARE INNOCENT LIVING, BREATHING ANIMALS WITH FEELINGS THAT DEPEND ON YOU TO TAKE CARE OF THEM. IF YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO TAKE CARE OF, LOVE, & PAY FOR EVERYTHING THIS PET NEEDS FOR UP TO 20 YEARS, THEN PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR AN APPLICATION.
* Safe Haven STRONGLY believes that collars should only be used as decoration. A dog can slip out of collar. Which becomes a problem if your dog gets lost, or you are trying to restrain your dog, & it comes off. Also, attaching a leash to a collar puts pressure on the neck, which is one of the most sensitive areas of the body, & could hurt them. For these reasons, Safe Haven includes a harness with every dog adoption to ensure the safety of the dog, as a harness is more expensive than a collar & some adopters will not buy them for this reason. A harness distributes the weight on the chest & shoulders. It also has a handle on the back that you can grab if need be, without hurting your pet (EX: Dog falls off your boat, just grab the handle & pull your pet back in with no harm done. With a collar, you would have to strangle your dog when pulling your dog in). Also a dog cannot slip out of a harness, so it is much easier to restrain them & they will never loose their ID if they get lost.
If you need harnesses for your other dogs, additional harnesses can be purchased for a reduced price:
$5 for small
$6 for medium
$7 for large
No tax is charged as we are a non-profit