Ruff Ruff! My name is Whitey-Only $25 adoption fee!
found a new home!
Plenty of my friends are looking for one too. Find a pet to adopt.
Other Pets at Shelter...
Whitey-Only $25 adoption fee!'s Info...
|Breed:||Chihuahua/Terrier (Unknown Type, Small) Mix||Color:||White - With Tan, Yellow Or Fawn||Age:||Young|
|Size:||Small 25 lbs (11 kg) or less||Sex:||Male||ID#:||A409245|
I was saved off the euthanasia list at one of the kill shelters. Thank goodness someone helped me! I am very sweet, devoted, and would make a great companion dog! I like to play with small balls, teddy bears, and bones, & I am always up for a game of fetch! My energy level is pretty mellow, but I get very excited when you do too! I am a BIG cuddler & would love nothing more than to crawl up in your lap when you sit down. We could hang out & watch tv, & I would be your best friend in the whole world! I am very loyal & will always be there for you, & I can't wait to be part of your family!
Age/Birthday: 1 yr
Weight at last Vet visit: 11 lbs.
This dog/puppy is currently learning:
- To go potty in a certain corner of the yard
- Mailman (to bark when the mail comes)
- Not to dash out the door
- Lay Down
- Ok (This is a command release)
- This way (when you are walking & change direction)
- Drop it
- Scooch (To move out of the way)
- Out (go out of the room)
- Go lay down
- Up High (to stand on their hind legs)
- Back up
- Outside? (if you say this & get a reaction, they need to go outside to go potty)
- Go potty
- To bark when s/he wants to come inside
- Good girl/boy
- Bad girl/boy
- Stand up
- Ready (alerts them you are about to throw something)
- Inside (to go in the crate)
(What each pet learns depends on the foster home they were placed in & how much time that foster has had to work with them)
Cats: Yes, I live with one in my foster home. We play & sleep together. :-)
Dogs: I am great with other dogs, playful and submissive.
Kids: I love kids!
Men: Likes men
Women: Loves women
Crate Trained: Yes
House Trained: Yes, I will go over by the door if I need to go out.
Leash Trained: No one ever took me for a walk. Oh Boy is it fun! I would love it if we could go on daily walks together!
Car: I am very good in the car, & just lay there calmly
Other issues: I will whine a little when you leave & I get afraid sometimes of sudden movements, but once I learn that you won't hurt me, they won't be a big deal.
Adoption fee is only $25 & includes:
- Spay/Neuter surgery
- Up to date on Vaccinations
- Harness *
- Other surprise goodies from Safe Haven
- Free office visit to Vet or 50% off any Optimum Wellness Plan
- Other coupons from Partners
- Available Paperwork: Spay/Neuter records, Vaccs records, Vet records, Micro records, Recommendation list, etc...
- Continued Support: Safe Haven will be there for the lifetime of your new adopted pet. If you ever have questions or concerns, we will always be there to help. Our goal is for you & your pet to live happily ever after!
If you are interested in adopting this pet, you must be willing to come to Phoenix, AZ to meet them.
Please e-mail for an application
After we receive your application, we will contact you so you can meet him/her. (Meet & greets are done on Thursdays, Fridays & Sundays. If for some reason you are not available on these days, we will try to accommodate you the best we can.)
ADOPTING A CAT OR DOG IS UP TO A 20 YEAR COMMITMENT! THEY ARE NOT OBJECTS THAT YOU CAN GET RID OF WHEN THEY BECOME INCONVENIENT. THEY ARE INNOCENT LIVING, BREATHING ANIMALS WITH FEELINGS THAT DEPEND ON YOU TO TAKE CARE OF THEM. IF YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO TAKE CARE OF, LOVE, & PAY FOR EVERYTHING THIS PET NEEDS FOR UP TO 20 YEARS, THEN PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR AN APPLICATION.
* Safe Haven STRONGLY believes that collars should only be used as decoration. A dog can slip out of collar. Which becomes a problem if your dog gets lost, or you are trying to restrain your dog, & it comes off. Also, attaching a leash to a collar puts pressure on the neck, which is one of the most sensitive areas of the body, & could hurt them. For these reasons, Safe Haven includes a harness with every dog adoption to ensure the safety of the dog, as a harness is more expensive than a collar & some adopters will not buy them for this reason. A harness distributes the weight on the chest & shoulders. It also has a handle on the back that you can grab if need be, without hurting your pet (EX: Dog falls off your boat, just grab the handle & pull your pet back in with no harm done. With a collar, you would have to strangle your dog when pulling your dog in). Also a dog cannot slip out of a harness, so it is much easier to restrain them & they will never loose their ID if they get lost.
If you need harnesses for your other dogs, additional harnesses can be purchased for a reduced price:
$5 for small
$6 for medium
$7 for large
No tax is charged as we are a non-profit
Rescue Group Info...
Safe Haven Animal Rescue of AZ is a small non-profit, no-kill animal rescue. We house all the pets through foster volunteers in a safe, loving home environment while they wait to be adopted.
Safe Havens goals are to save these pets from certain death by focusing on taking pets off the euthanasia list at kill shelters. We also take in owner surrenders if we have the room.
We stop taking in new pets in May, work on getting the remaining pets adopted, take a much needed summer break, then start taking in new pets again in September.
Safe Haven also plans to work to get the laws changed in AZ to stop cruelty, & so that overpopulation is never again a reason that an animal is killed.
Safe Haven was started because Maricopa County has the second highest kill rate in the whole country for killing sweet, loving, adoptable pets for no other reason than pet overpopulation. With rates increasing as the economy drops. We could no longer stand by & watch!
*******We DESPERATELY need fosters for dogs & cats, (puppies & kittens too)!!! You can pick what type you want to foster, & tell us exactly what you want. You can take breaks in between your fosters for as long as you want. All we ask is that if you agree to foster, that you keep that pet until it is adopted. We will accommodate you any way we can. Safe Haven pays for all medical, & we can pay for the food too. With the recession, Maricopa County is getting animal turn-ins at record breaking numbers. The more fosters we can get, the more pets we can pull off the euthanasia list. If you are interested in fostering, please e-mail for our foster form. In it, you can tell us exactly what you want. Fosters will be chosen for you according to your answers. Thanks! *******
We are open everyday except Saturday, in order to honor the Sabbath. You must first fill out an application before setting up a meet & greet.
Just e-mail for an application. A Safe Haven representative will contact you to set up a meeting so you can meet the pet you are interested in.
Safe Haven Animal Rescue of AZ is based in Phoenix, but we have fosters families in all of Maricopa County in AZ (Phoenix, Scottsdale, Mesa, Tempe, Glendale, etc...)