top

My name is Toby!

Catahoula Leopard Dog/Hound (Unknown Type) Mix Dog for adoption in Blacksburg, Virginia - Toby
Photo 1 - Catahoula Leopard Dog/Hound (Unknown Type) Mix Dog for adoption in Blacksburg, Virginia - Toby
Photo 2 - Catahoula Leopard Dog/Hound (Unknown Type) Mix Dog for adoption in Blacksburg, Virginia - Toby
Photo 3 - Catahoula Leopard Dog/Hound (Unknown Type) Mix Dog for adoption in Blacksburg, Virginia - Toby

I found a new home!
Plenty of my friends are looking
for one too. Find a pet to adopt.

Toby's Info...

I am already neutered, housetrained, and up to date with shots.

Toby's Story...
Toby is a "happy go lucky" kind of guy. He was about 3 months old when he was found living under an abandoned school bus in Floyd. A self taught natural at "fetch", Toby also loves his opportunities to run "with the big dogs" at the dog park. Speaking of running, Toby has already been lure coursing three times in his life. He thrives on chasing the lure and it is inspiring to watch him unfold into an elegant runner. He is good with kids although he is still learning to keep "four on the floor" (jumping up is a recent development so I'm confident we can discourage it in short order). A supreme cuddler, he relishes any opportunity to "be" with you and will leap tall buildings to do so. A "talker", when you come through the door in the evening, he will tell you all about HIS day before listening to your's. He barks when he is excited (DINNER TIME!, A RIDE IN THE CAR!) but will "turn it off" when asked. He also complains for a couple minutes when left alone or otherwise separated from you, but then settle down. Toby is approximately 6 months old the 1st of July, neutered and up to date on vaccinations and parasite preventatives (flea, tick, heartworm and intestinal parasites). He is crate trained and 98% housebroken with the other 2% most likely the condition of the carpet in his foster home. He is still a puppy and needs an available selection of "appropriate" items to chew on. To view more pictures of this boy, go to http://picasaweb.google.com/wendy.biggs/Toby

Facts about Toby

  • Breed: Catahoula Leopard Dog/Hound (Unknown Type) Mix
  • Color: Tricolor (Tan/Brown & Black & White)
  • Age: Young
  • Size: Med. 26-60 lbs (12-27 kg)
  • Sex: Male
  • ID#: C26

Other Pets at Animal Welfare Foster Program

Why Adoption is a Great Option

Toby, a Blacksburg Catahoula Leopard Dog/Hound (Unknown Type) dog was adopted! Here's how you can benefit by looking at adoption as an option to buying a Catahoula Leopard Dog/Hound (Unknown Type) for sale in Blacksburg, or seeking a Catahoula Leopard Dog/Hound (Unknown Type) dog from a breeder in Blacksburg.

  1. Rescues and shelter volunteers in Blacksburg already know the personality and tendencies of their pets. This means they can match you with the right pet. That will makes it much easier transition to owning a pet for yourself and your new pet.
  2. On average adoption fees are much less than you'd pay a Blacksburg breeder, or pet store. Plus most often rescue pets have already been to the veterinarian for a check-up, had a round of vaccinations, and are spayed or neutered. That is a lot of savings!
  3. You will become a hero, and give a needy dog or cat a loving home. In fact, there are even Catahoula Leopard Dog/Hound (Unknown Type) breeders who help with Catahoula Leopard Dog/Hound (Unknown Type) rescue. One puppy or kitten adopted in Blacksburg paves the way for another one to be saved.