Meow! My name is Alava - 'Shy Snuggler'
Alava - 'Shy Snuggler''s Info...
|Breed:||Domestic Shorthair||Color:||Black & White Or Tuxedo||Age:||Adult|
I am already spayed, housetrained, up to date with shots, not good with kids, good with dogs, and good with cats.
Alava -- This beautiful black-and-white girl came to us from Clinton County Animal Control. She and her two sisters were rescued after being abandoned in a trailer park, close to death. Alava can be a shy kitty at first, but once she gets to know you, she will be your constant companion! Her foster mom says that Alava greets her every time she comes home from work, and tells her mom about her hard day of playing and napping! She knows when it's bedtime, and will join you for some night time snuggling. Alava gets along really well with other kitties, and would be OK with polite dogs, but would prefer a calm home with no children under 5. She loves being picked up and will wind around your legs until you give her some love, and she loves getting kisses on her face! Alava loves to bat her treats around like a toy mouse before eating them. She even does a cute little trick where she will pick out one piece of food from her bowl to 'hunt' and eat! Take home this silly little lady and you will have a best friend for life! Alava is a black and white Domestic Shorthair. She was born 1 July 2012.
All cats and kittens have tested negative for FIV/FELv. They are up to date on shots, spayed or neutered and treated for internal and external parasites. Most are good with dogs, other cats and children. For more information about our process for adoption, an adoption application, fees, adoption event times, and lots more visit www.mmcr.petfinder.com or Mid-Michigan Cat Rescue. If you would like more information about this cat please call 517-622-4653 or email.
More information about Mid-Michigan Cat Rescue, Inc.
Help this Rescue Group by making a donation.
Rescue Group Info...
Who We Are: Mid-Michigan Cat Rescue, Inc.<,/b> is a non-profit organization consisting solely of volunteers dedicated to locating new and loving homes for abandoned and owner relinquished cats and kittens.
What We Do: Ensuring the health and well being of our cats and kittens is a primary part of our mission. All animals are first taken to a veterinarian for a complete check-up, testing, shots, spay/neuter. They are placed in a volunteer’s foster care until a suitable, permanent home is found. Because the cats live in our homes, with other animals, we are familiar with their personalities and habits. The other main focus of our organization is education. We believe that informing the community about spay/neutering, as well as how to care for cats, is of vital importance.
Mission: Mid-Michigan Cat Rescue, Inc. is a non-profit, non-state or federally funded, 501.C(3) volunteer based organization that depends solely on donations from the general public and fundraisers in the Mid-Michigan area. We are dedicated to finding lifetime homes for abused, abandoned, neglected or owner surrendered cats and kittens.
- All rescued cats or kittens are temporarily fostered in our homes (not a shelter) until a qualified, responsible applicant can be matched to each individual cat and permanently adopted.
- We maintain the highest standards of comprehensive veterinary care which, includes but is not limited to: sterilizing all cats as age permits, immunizations, FIV/FELV testing and parasite control.
- We are a non-euthanasia organization (except when injury, disease or temperament makes other options impossible) and do not sell to research facilities.
- We assist in public education about the importance of sterilization to reduce over-population and the humane treatment of domestic animals.
- We accept personal, lifetime responsibility for any animal that has been in our care and make every attempt to adopt healthy, well socialized and mentally sound cats and kittens.
- We keep the highest standards of professionalism and excellence in care including love, tenderness, dignity and compassion for our foster cats.
- We are a dedicated and responsible group of volunteers with many years of in home foster care experience that are motivated and focused on cat and kitten rescue.
Weekly adoption events are held at PetsMart in Grand Ledge MI and monthly at Petco in the Frandor Shopping Center in Lansing MI.
For exact days and times please visit our website at www.mmcr.petfinder.com.Special events are announced on the website.
Private adoptions are scheduled at the foster homes.
All cats and kittens have tested negative for FIV/Felv, up to date on shots, spayed or neutered and have been treated for internal and external parasites. Most are good with dogs, other cats and children.
If you would like more information about a cat please call 517-622-4653 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about our process for adoption, an adoption application, fees, adoption event times, and lots more visit www.mmcr.petfinder.com or www.mid-michigancatrescue.com
- Talk to the foster parent or assigned MMCR volunteer to make sure it’s a good match.
- Fill out an application.
- If you live in an apartment, show proof you are allowed a pet or give a number for the management of your rental.
- Fill out the adoption contract.
- Pay the adoption fee.
- Review the adoption packet with a MMCR volunteer.
- Take your kitty home and give it a lifetime of love.
$100 – Single cat or kitten adoption.
$50 – Same day second or multiple cat adoption.
$75 – Senior Citizens discount adoption.
$50 – Senior Cat (7+ years) or special needs adoption.
Animal Health Policy:
Tested negative for FIV/feline leukemia.
Spayed or neutered, including all kittens.
Current on vaccinations.
Internal parasite free.
Flea treated, when applicable.