Ruff Ruff! My name is Katie - Only $75 adoption fee!
found a new home!
Plenty of my friends are looking for one too. Find a pet to adopt.
Other Pets at Shelter...
Katie - Only $75 adoption fee!'s Info...
Rescue Group: Safe Haven Animal Rescue of AZ
|Breed:||German Shepherd Dog||Color:||Tan/Yellow/Fawn - With Black||Age:||Young|
|Size:||Large 61-100 lbs (28-45 kg)||Sex:||Female||ID#:||A414976|
This sweet girl was saved off the euthanasia list at one of the kill shelters. She looks to be a purebred German Shepherd! Katie is a lovely girl - very smart - learns quickly. She has a good sense of humor. She would be a great addition to any family. She gets along with everyone & is a star at the dog park - getting along with people and other dogs. Katie would do great in a home that would take her on walks for at least 30 minutes a day. She is sweet & playful & loves to play with stuffing free stuffed animals or play tug of war with you. I am hoping she goes to a home that will give her lots of hugs & kisses & will let her sleep in bed with them at night. She is a big cuddle bug! All this sweetheart wants is to be with you & loved!
Age/Birthday: 2 yrs
Weight at last Vet visit: 43 lbs ( she is severely underweight & we are gradually putting more weight on her)
This dog/puppy is currently learning:
- To go potty in a certain corner of the yard
- Mailman (to bark when the mail comes)
- Not to dash out the door
- Lay Down
- Ok (This is a command release)
- This way (when you are walking & change direction)
- Drop it
- Scooch (To move out of the way)
- Out (go out of the room)
- Go lay down
- Up High (to stand on their hind legs)
- Back up
- Outside? (if you say this & get a reaction, they need to go outside to go potty)
- Go potty
- To bark when s/he wants to come inside
- Good girl/boy
- Bad girl/boy
- Stand up
- Ready (alerts them you are about to throw something)
- Inside (to go in the crate)
(What each pet learns depends on the foster home they were placed in & how much time that foster has had to work with them)
Cats: Yes, she lived with cats in her previous home & also her foster home.
Dogs: She is very good with other dogs. She is sweet & playful with the other Shepherd in her foster home & she is a star at the dog park!
Kids: Unknown, but she has a very sweet nature & I'm sure she'd be fine.
Men: Shy at first then loving
Women: Shy at first then loving
Crate Trained: No
House Trained: Yes
Leash Trained: She loves to go for walks, but pulls on the leash. Her foster Mom is working with her on this.
Other issues: None, she WONDERFUL!
Adoption fee is only $75 & includes:
- Spay/Neuter surgery
- Up to date on Vaccinations
- Harness *
- Other surprise goodies from Safe Haven
- Free office visit to Vet or 50% off any Optimum Wellness Plan
- Other coupons from Partners
- Available Paperwork: Spay/Neuter records, Vaccs records, Vet records, Micro records, Recommendation list, etc...
- Continued Support: Safe Haven will be there for the lifetime of your new adopted pet. If you ever have questions or concerns, we will always be there to help. Our goal is for you & your pet to live happily ever after!
If you are interested in adopting this pet, you must be willing to come to Phoenix, AZ to meet them.
Please e-mail for an application
After we receive your application, we will contact you so you can meet him/her.
ADOPTING A CAT OR DOG IS UP TO A 20 YEAR COMMITMENT! THEY ARE NOT OBJECTS THAT YOU CAN GET RID OF WHEN THEY BECOME INCONVENIENT. THEY ARE INNOCENT LIVING, BREATHING ANIMALS WITH FEELINGS THAT DEPEND ON YOU TO TAKE CARE OF THEM. IF YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO TAKE CARE OF, LOVE, & PAY FOR EVERYTHING THIS PET NEEDS FOR UP TO 20 YEARS, THEN PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR AN APPLICATION.
* Safe Haven STRONGLY believes that collars should only be used as decoration. A dog can slip out of collar. Which becomes a problem if your dog gets lost, or you are trying to restrain your dog, & it comes off. Also, attaching a leash to a collar puts pressure on the neck, which is one of the most sensitive areas of the body, & could hurt them. For these reasons, Safe Haven includes a harness with every dog adoption to ensure the safety of the dog, as a harness is more expensive than a collar & some adopters will not buy them for this reason. A harness distributes the weight on the chest & shoulders. It also has a handle on the back that you can grab if need be, without hurting your pet (EX: Dog falls off your boat, just grab the handle & pull your pet back in with no harm done. With a collar, you would have to strangle your dog when pulling your dog in). Also a dog cannot slip out of a harness, so it is much easier to restrain them & they will never loose their ID if they get lost.
If you need harnesses for your other dogs, additional harnesses can be purchased for a reduced price:
$5 for small
$6 for medium
$7 for large
No tax is charged as we are a non-profit