Meow! My name is Lenore
|Breed:||Domestic Shorthair||Color:||Black & White Or Tuxedo||Age:||Senior|
I am already spayed and up to date with shots.
I AM IN FOSTER CARE! My name is Lenore and I'm a tiny black/white girl who arrived here on 4-7-11 after my family gave me up. I'm 10 years old (born January 2001) and I have lived my entire life with my family. They gave me up because there were 3 other cats in the home (older than me) and none of us got along. Plus there were issues with allergies getting worse. So for 2 months I was confused and really unhappy about my situation. I spent my time in a cage because I was so upset and sad about losing my home. But then I went into foster care in June and I'm a completely different cat! I love having a home and now my sweet personality is coming out. When my foster mom lays on the couch, I like to lay on top of her. I don't necessarily enjoy being petted, but I do love to be around people and sitting with them. I am hoping that someone will want an older kitty. I'm healthy and have a lot of great years left. I would do best in a home where there are no other pets and where I can be a companion to someone who needs a friend. Is that you? If you're interested in meeting me, please contact King Street Cats!
Help this Shelter by making a donation.
We are proud to be the only cat-exclusive orphanage in Alexandria, Va. We have been in operation since 2003, and were previously known as The Albert Foundation for many years before becoming King Street Cats. Because we are a free-roaming and no-kill cat orphanage, we have the "cat-friendliest cats" in town! Our primary purpose is to educate and assist the community in regard to cat welfare, and to provide loving homes for the cats and kittens in our care. We accomplish this through outreach to the local community by providing information on proper cat care, behavioral problems and medical issues involving cats. We also assist local residents in locating and retrieving lost cats and assist individuals through the cat adoption process. We provide abandoned and rescued cats and kittens with a safe and secure temporary home until a permanent, loving home can be found.
We promote spaying and neutering and all our cats and kittens are sterilized and fully up-to-date on all medical care prior to adoption. We also provide post-adoption support for adopters and anyone else that needs cat care advice. Because we only work in the area of cat welfare .... we know cats! Please stop by and visit with our friendly cats.
Adoptions at 25 Dove St (the King Street Cat home) are every Saturday and Sunday from 1:30 to 4:30 pm
Additional Adoption Events:
- Petco at Beacon Hill on the first Saturday of the month (1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.)
- Profeed at Bradlee Shopping Center on Saturdays and Sundays (1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.)
- Petsmart at Falls Church on 3rd/4th Sunday of the month (1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.)
Our adoption process is simple. When you come to the adoption center, you will fill out an application and a volunteer will interview you and ask about your cat knowledge and experience as well as your other pets. If your application is approved, they will help match you to the cat is perfect for your home and lifestyle. Some adult cats may be adopted singly, but we prefer to adopt out kittens in pairs unless you have a playful cat or dog already in residence to keep the kitten company.
King Street Cats asks for a $125 non-refundable adoption fee to adopt a cat or kitten, or $225 to adopt two. The fee includes:
- A cat that has been to a vet and tested for FELV/FIV. They are not put up for adoption unless the tests are negative (although sometimes we do have an FIV-positive cat that is healthy and can be adopted).
- An adult cat that is up-to-date on vaccinations before being made available for adoption. (Kittens will have had vaccinations appropriate for their age)
- Cats and kittens are spayed or neutered before they are placed for adoption. Kittens are spayed/neutered between 12-14 weeks and are then available for adoption.
- Post-adoption support: our volunteers are very knowledgeable about cat care. We encourage adopters to call us with any questions.
We are located in Alexandria VA and primarily adopt to families in the Northern VA, Metro-DC area.