Ruff Ruff! My name is Patricia the Family Dog
Patricia the Family Dog's Info...
|Breed:||American Bulldog/Terrier (Unknown Type, Medium) Mix||Color:||Brindle||Age:||Young|
|Size:||Med. 26-60 lbs (12-27 kg)||Sex:||Female||ID#:||1319286-90067163|
I am already spayed, housetrained, purebred, up to date with shots, good with kids, not good with dogs, and not good with cats.
Patricia (now Ziva) came to us from Georgia where she was going to be euthanized. A nice lady drove her and two other dogs all the way from Georgia so how could Judy turn them away? She is very sweet and calm.
Ziva makes a great companion dog! She loves to be wherever you are, always showing a lot of love and wanting that affection from you in return. Ziva's foster has shared some wonderful highlights with us about her sweet personality:
- Loves people - very affectionate and warm
- Love meeting new people
- Loves being handled and adores treats
- Loves having her belly rubbed
- Very intelligent dog with a silly, fun personality
- Gentle and loving with children of all ages, including very young children
- She is a good house protector – will bark if she hears strange noises outside or if someone knocks at the door
- Crate-trained - very calm in her crate, although we let her have free-roam of the house
- Very well behaved for baths and grooming, including nail trims and ear cleaning
- Loves car rides and behaves well while in the car
- Alpha personality but may get along with dogs her size or larger
- Not socialized with cats or small dogs
- Knows 'W-A-L-K' when it is spelled out means going outside!
- Loves long hikes on nature walks especially in cooler weather
- She mainly exercises by going for a walk three times a day
- Always excited to go out on a leash and very curious, wants to smell and see everything
- Walks well on the leash but needs a firm hand on the strap when around other animals as she will pull in her excitement
- Understands 'stay' when you leave the house and go out the door without her
- Eats twice a day on a diet of Rachel Ray's Nutrish
- Knows “Sit” and will sit for treats or food
- Has absolutely no resource aggression whatsoever - you can always take away her food or toys
- She has a low to moderate energy level but as an indoor dog likes to play with rope toys and balls
Visit this organization's web site to see any additional information available about this pet.
Help this Rescue Group by making a donation.
Rescue Group Info...
We are a private, non-profit rescue located in Sanford, Florida, dedicated to the rescue cats and dogs. Many of them come to us with medical needs. They are doctored to the best of our ability and resources.
Our most urgent goal is to rescue animals that are abandoned or in distress, update their vaccines, and find good new homes for them. But we attempt to be more proactive than that. It is our heartfelt desire to prevent any animal from the need to be "rescued." With that vision in mind, we take a three-prong approach through the education of pet owners and the general public about:
- proper care of animals, including correct diet of good quality food, fresh clean water, daily exercise, and lots of love
- spaying and neutering companion animals (dogs and cats) in order to prevent euthanasia and over-population
- low-cost spay/neuter clinics and wellness centers in their local community
Although many of our pets are cared for at our facility in Sanford, many others are in private foster homes. To arrange a meet, it is best to first complete an online adoption application so that we can set up a meeting. You can access complete information on our pets plus the adoption application on our website, www.petrescuebyjudy.com. Adoptions are held at our Sanford Adoption Center as well as our Oviedo Mall Adoption Center. Please visit our facebook page, facebook.com/petrescuebyjudy, for a full listing of events where PRBJ is represented.
You can get full information on our pets through our website, www.petrescuebyjudy.com. You may then complete an online adoption application. After being processed, we will arrange a meet with the pet at our facility in Sanford. Our adoption fees for cats are generally $75-$150; for dogs $100-$350. We also have a Seniors For Seniors Program to promote the adoption of senior pets by senior citizens.
We limit our adopting families to the Central Florida. We're sorry but we do not ship pets.