Ruff Ruff! My name is Krystal-Only $65 adoption fee!
found a new home!
Plenty of my friends are looking for one too. Find a pet to adopt.
Other Pets at Shelter...
Krystal-Only $65 adoption fee!'s Info...
Rescue Group: Safe Haven Animal Rescue of AZ
|Breed:||German Shepherd Dog/Husky Mix||Color:||Black - With Tan, Yellow Or Fawn||Age:||Young|
|Size:||Med. 26-60 lbs (12-27 kg)||Sex:||Female||ID#:||A417977|
This GORGEOUS girl was saved from the euthanasia list at one of the kill shelters. She has those beautiful "Krystal" blue eyes that Huskys' have. She is very nice, protective, full of energy and outgoing. She is also super playful! Her favorite toy is a plush porcupine that squeaks (the one in the picture). She will have a grand 'ol time throwing her toy up high into the air & catching it while running around, LOL, it's fun to watch! Some of the words she has learned so far are Sit, Stay, Lay Down, Go Get The Toy, and is currently learning how to fetch. Her energy level is pretty high, so she will need an active family that will walk her for at least an hour per day, plus lots of play time. She would be a great dog to take running, hiking or boating with you. Krystal is eager for attention & also a big cuddle bug! All this sweetheart wants is to be with you and loved!
Age/Birthday: 13 months
Weight at last Vet visit: 42 LBS
This dog/puppy is currently learning:
- To go potty in a certain corner of the yard
- Lay Down
- Ok (This is a command release)
- This way (when you are walking & change direction)
- Drop it
- Scooch (To move out of the way)
- Out (go out of the room)
- Good girl/boy
- Bad girl/boy
- Stand up
- Ready (alerts them you are about to throw something)
Cats: She is to rough with the cats, so we are recommending there be no cats in the home.
Dogs: She is eager to meet other dogs, and has a dominant personality. She is good as long as the other dog is friendly with her. She is not good with small dogs.
Kids: Everything is fine with her around kids. She likes them, and the first thing she seems to want to do is play with them. The kids ages she's been around are 4, 6 and 8. Any age is appropriate for this dog as long as they know to be gentle with her.
Men: Good with men. .
Women: Very sweet & wants to play
Crate Trained: Unknown
House Trained: Yes, She cries whenever she wants to go outside.
Leash Trained: She walks beautifully on the leash as long as you have exercised her regularly.
Car: Great in the car! She LOVES to go for car rides! She knows how to behave in the car and listens well. She always gets thirsty in car though, so bring water for her. She likes to stick her head out the window (like most dogs), and loads right up in the car for you.
Other issues: She guards her food, & would need to be fed separately from other dogs. She also jumps up on you when she's excited to see you.
Adoption fee is only $65 & includes:
- Spay/Neuter surgery
- Up to date on Vaccinations
- Harness *
- Other surprise goodies from Safe Haven
- Free office visit to Vet or 50% off any Optimum Wellness Plan
- Other coupons from Partners
- Available Paperwork: Spay/Neuter records, Vaccs records, Vet records, Micro records, Recommendation list, etc...
- Continued Support: Safe Haven will be there for the lifetime of your new adopted pet. If you ever have questions or concerns, we will always be there to help. Our goal is for you & your pet to live happily ever after!
If you are interested in adopting this pet, you must be willing to come to Phoenix, AZ to meet them.
Please e-mail for an application
After we receive your application, we will contact you so you can meet him/her. WE ARE CLOSED ON SATURDAYS.
ADOPTING A CAT OR DOG IS UP TO A 20 YEAR COMMITMENT! THEY ARE NOT OBJECTS THAT YOU CAN GET RID OF WHEN THEY BECOME INCONVENIENT. THEY ARE INNOCENT LIVING, BREATHING ANIMALS WITH FEELINGS THAT DEPEND ON YOU TO TAKE CARE OF THEM. IF YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO TAKE CARE OF, LOVE, & PAY FOR EVERYTHING THIS PET NEEDS FOR UP TO 20 YEARS, THEN PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR AN APPLICATION.
* Safe Haven STRONGLY believes that collars should only be used as decoration. A dog can slip out of collar. Which becomes a problem if your dog gets lost, or you are trying to restrain your dog, & it comes off. Also, attaching a leash to a collar puts pressure on the neck, which is one of the most sensitive areas of the body, & could hurt them. For these reasons, Safe Haven includes a harness with every dog adoption to ensure the safety of the dog, as a harness is more expensive than a collar & some adopters will not buy them for this reason. A harness distributes the weight on the chest & shoulders. It also has a handle on the back that you can grab if need be, without hurting your pet (EX: Dog falls off your boat, just grab the handle & pull your pet back in with no harm done. With a collar, you would have to strangle your dog when pulling your dog in). Also a dog cannot slip out of a harness, so it is much easier to restrain them & they will never loose their ID if they get lost.
If you need harnesses for your other dogs, additional harnesses can be purchased for a reduced price:
$5 for small
$6 for medium
$7 for large
No tax is charged as we are a non-profit