Ruff Ruff! My name is Rick James
found a new home!
Plenty of my friends are looking for one too. Find a pet to adopt.
Other Pets at Shelter...
Rick James's Info...
|Breed:||American Bulldog/Boxer Mix||Color:||Brown/Chocolate - With White||Age:||Adult|
|Size:||X-Large 101 lbs (46 kg) or more||Sex:||Male||ID#:||Rick James|
UPDATE February 15, 2013: What a difference a few months can make when saving a dog's life. Ricky feels fantastic! He has steadily gained healthy weight and the sunken look on his face has disappeared, replaced by a contagious, giant, heart-warming smile and a sparkle in his eyes. His heartworm treatment is over and he is now heartworm negative! So it's time for Rick James to find a lifelong, loving home to call his own. Show him what forever really means. Promise him he'll never know another day of neglect, starvation or pain. He's eternally grateful to the people who gave him a second chance at life and he couldn't be happier. Adoption fee: $75.
August 10, 2012: It still amazes us that anyone can mistreat a dog like this. This boxer mix was abandoned in the backyard of an empty house. His family moved and left him behind. He tested positive for heartworm and was about 30 pounds underweight by the time we found him. He has already gained back healthy weight and muscle mass, plus started heartworm treatment. He’s doing well but he needs a foster care home or adopter. RJ is a very mellow, submissive and laid back American Bulldog mix who loves people. He needs to keep gaining weight and would like to find someone to shower him with attention, love and TLC. He deserves much more than what he’s been given thus far in life. Please help us help RJ. He’s a sweetheart
- Sunday, February 24: Bowling Event at 5 Star Lanes, 2666 Metropolitan Pkwy, Sterling Heights. Help Paws for Life raise money for homeless pets while having a great time! For just $25, you enjoy three games of bowling, shoe rental, pizza, pop and a free raffle ticket. Game one starts at 4:30 p.m. at 5 Star Lanes in Sterling Heights. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Saturday, March 2: Adoption Event, Scentsy Open House, BUNCO Party, Dinner and Karaoke at Rochester Eagles Club, 650 Woodward, Rochester. Join us at 5:30 for pizza and salad, followed by BUNCO game play at 7 p.m. Just $20 per person. Bunco is a fun dice game that’s easy to learn. Enjoy cash prizes, raffles, 50/50, Scentsy sale and adoptable pets, plus stick around for Karaoke after Bunco. RSVP to email@example.com.
- Thursday, March 7: Informational Meeting About Marathons at Caribou Coffee, 31901 Woodward Ave., Royal Oak. Join us at 7 p.m. for an informational meeting about the upcoming marathon fundraisers for homeless pets. We will be in the back meeting room of Caribou Coffee. You could even earn a free trip to Las Vegas! RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sunday, April 28: Romping With Rover at Brys Park (near Harper Ave. & Brys Dr.), St. Clair Shores. This 5K fun run/walk supports Angels Supporting Animals, a local organization that raises funds to support animal rescues. Paws for Life will have an info booth, adoptable pets and full Scentsy open house. The event begins at 8 a.m. for runners and at 9:30 a.m. for walkers. Come see us between 8 a.m. and noon! Call 586-778-3897 or 586-441-9668 for more info.
- Sunday, October 20: Detroit Marathon. Paws for Life is raising money through the Detroit Free Press/Talmer Bank marathon or half-marathon this Fall. Click here for more information. RSVP to email@example.com.
- Sunday, November 17: Las Vegas Rock 'n Roll Marathon. Paws for Life is raising money through the Las Vegas Rock 'n Roll marathon or half-marathon this Fall. Runners and walkers who raise enough money from sponsors and pledges will earn a free trip to Vegas, plus race registration fees covered. Click here for more information. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE ABOUT BREED LABELING: Visual breed identification of dogs is unreliable and usually inaccurate. So, for most of our adoptable dogs, we are only guessing at predominant breed or breed mix. We get to know each dog as an individual and will do our best to describe each of our dogs based on personality, not by breed label.
Why is labeling a dog such a big deal? A label will stick with a dog for the rest of its life. A label can mean discrimination, losing its home or even death. Labels are a problem for the dogs when we, as the local experts on animals, allow adopters, politicians and community members to think that the label we assign can predict who that dog is or will be.
Complete the application at the link above or send an email to email@example.com to tell us which pet you're interested in and we'll send you a questionnaire that will help us make the best match for you and your new pet. We then arrange a location, date and time for you to meet some pets. If the meeting goes well and everyone is happy, you begin the mandatory, minimum two-week adjustment period with the pet as part of your family. You will pay the non-refundable adoption fee at the start of the two-week adjustment period. This pending period allows your new dog or cat time to adjust to their new home, new people, new routine, etc., and for you to decide if it's a match and the right pet for you. At the end of two weeks (some people extend the adjustment time as needed and that's fine too), if everyone is happy, then we finalize the adoption. Feel free to email if you have any questions.
Rescue Group Info...
Paws for Life Rescue and Adoption is a 501c3 non-profit animal welfare organization, run by hard-working dedicated volunteers who rescue homeless, neglected, abused and abandoned dogs, cats, puppies and kittens. We use a network of loving foster care homes where animals stay until their forever homes find them.
Our mission is to speak for those who cannot speak for themselves. We believe in matching animals and families to find the right fit for everyone. We promise to exhaust all efforts to place adoptable pets in lifelong, loving homes. Our goal is to find the best home possible for the homeless pets in our care.
We host adoption events the fourth Sunday of every month from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at K9 Cuisine N More, 55220 Van Dyke at 25 Mile Rd., Shelby Township.
Sunday, August 19: Paws in the Park, Independence Oaks County Park, Lakeview Pavilion, 9501 Sashabaw Rd, Clarkston, from noon to 4 p.m. Register at http://pflrescue.eventbrite.com/.
Adoption fee for cats: $60 (includes testing, age-appropriate vaccinations, deworming and spay/neuter)
Adoption fee for kittens: (6 months and younger): $100 (includes testing, age-appropriate vaccinations, deworming and spay/neuter)
Adoption fee for dogs: $75 (includes testing, age-appropriate vaccinations, deworming and spay/neuter)
Adoption fee for puppies: (6 months and younger): $100 (includes testing, age-appropriate vaccinations, deworming and spay/neuter)
Adoption fee discounts apply for adopting a pair. Most dogs and puppies are also microchipped.
Apply online: https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dDFIYXdMYUdlVXEwT0l4cGpOM2lhSHc6MQ