found a new home!
Plenty of my friends are looking
for one too. Find a pet to adopt.
My name is Paisley-Only $65 adoption fee!!
Facts about Paisley-Only $65 adoption fee!
- Breed: Australian Cattle Dog
- Color: Tricolor (Tan/Brown & Black & White)
- Age: Adult
- Size: Med. 26-60 lbs (12-27 kg)
- Sex: Female
- ID#: A417833
Paisley-Only $65 adoption fee!'s Info...
I am already spayed, housetrained, purebred, up to date with shots, good with kids, good with dogs, and good with cats.
This sweetheart was saved off the euthanasia list at one of the kill shelters. She is purebred Australian Cattle Dog (also known as a Blue Heeler or Queensland Heeler) This wonderful girl is smart, loving & can be quite goofy! She does what I call "ballerina twirls". :-) When she gets really excited & playful, she spins around in circles. To funny! Hopefully we will get a video of it to post! She is super loving and loyal, & usually picks out one person in the family as her favorite. Paisley loves to cuddle, loves balls, & playing fetch. She's smart & already knows Down, Sit, & Stay. She is an active, working breed & would do great with someone who could take her on daily walks for at least 30 minutes a day. All this sweet girl wants is a family who will love her, & be as loyal to her, as she is to you!
Age/Birthday: 4 yrs
Weight at last Vet visit: 39 lbs.
This dog/puppy is currently learning:
- To go potty in a certain corner of the yard
- Mailman (to bark when the mail comes)
- Not to dash out the door
- Lay Down
- Ok (This is a command release)
- This way (when you are walking & change direction)
- Drop it
- Scooch (To move out of the way)
- Out (go out of the room)
- Go lay down
- Up High (to stand on their hind legs)
- Back up
- Outside? (if you say this & get a reaction, they need to go outside to go potty)
- Go potty
- To bark when s/he wants to come inside
- Good girl/boy
- Bad girl/boy
- Stand up
- Ready (alerts them you are about to throw something)
- Inside (to go in the crate)
(What each pet learns depends on the foster home they were placed in & how much time that foster has had to work with them)
Cats: She's great with the cats. She lived with cats in her previous home, & also lives with 2 cats in her foster home. She doesn't pay much attention to them.
Dogs: Great with other dogs. She lived with a 6 yr old female dog in her previous home, & lives with a large breed puppy in her foster home (pictured) & puts up with his high energy. She is playful with him. :-)
Kids: She lived with older children in her previous home. With her wonderful personality, I can see her being very good with all ages.
Men: Shy at first, but warms up very quickly
Women: Shy at first, but warms up very quickly. She absolutely LOVES people & wants to be with you.
Crate Trained: No
House Trained: Yes, she will go to the door when she needs to be let out to go potty.
Leash Trained: Yes
Car: LOVES car rides! She will load right up for you, & likes to stick her head out the window :-)
Other issues: None, she's WONDERFUL!
Adoption fee is only $65 & includes:
- Spay/Neuter surgery
- Up to date on Vaccinations
- Harness *
- Other surprise goodies from Safe Haven
- Free office visit to Vet or 50% off any Optimum Wellness Plan
- Other coupons from Partners
- Available Paperwork: Spay/Neuter records, Vaccs records, Vet records, Micro records, Recommendation list, etc...
- Continued Support: Safe Haven will be there for the lifetime of your new adopted pet. If you ever have questions or concerns, we will always be there to help. Our goal is for you & your pet to live happily ever after!
If you are interested in adopting this pet, you must be willing to come to Phoenix, AZ to meet them.
Please e-mail for an application
After we receive your application, we will contact you so you can meet him/her. WE ARE CLOSED ON SATURDAYS.
ADOPTING A CAT OR DOG IS UP TO A 20 YEAR COMMITMENT! THEY ARE NOT OBJECTS THAT YOU CAN GET RID OF WHEN THEY BECOME INCONVENIENT. THEY ARE INNOCENT LIVING, BREATHING ANIMALS WITH FEELINGS THAT DEPEND ON YOU TO TAKE CARE OF THEM. IF YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO TAKE CARE OF, LOVE, & PAY FOR EVERYTHING THIS PET NEEDS FOR UP TO 20 YEARS, THEN PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR AN APPLICATION.
* Safe Haven STRONGLY believes that collars should only be used as decoration. A dog can slip out of collar. Which becomes a problem if your dog gets lost, or you are trying to restrain your dog, & it comes off. Also, attaching a leash to a collar puts pressure on the neck, which is one of the most sensitive areas of the body, & could hurt them. For these reasons, Safe Haven includes a harness with every dog adoption to ensure the safety of the dog, as a harness is more expensive than a collar & some adopters will not buy them for this reason. A harness distributes the weight on the chest & shoulders. It also has a handle on the back that you can grab if need be, without hurting your pet (EX: Dog falls off your boat, just grab the handle & pull your pet back in with no harm done. With a collar, you would have to strangle your dog when pulling your dog in). Also a dog cannot slip out of a harness, so it is much easier to restrain them & they will never loose their ID if they get lost.
If you need harnesses for your other dogs, additional harnesses can be purchased for a reduced price:
$5 for small
$6 for medium
$7 for large
No tax is charged as we are a non-profit