found a new home!
Plenty of my friends are looking
for one too. Find a pet to adopt.
My name is Wade - Only $75 adoption fee!!
Facts about Wade - Only $75 adoption fee!
- Breed: Australian Cattle Dog/Border Collie Mix
- Color: Tricolor (Tan/Brown & Black & White)
- Age: Young
- Size: Med. 26-60 lbs (12-27 kg)
- Sex: Male
- ID#: A415397
Wade - Only $75 adoption fee!'s Info...
I am already neutered, housetrained, up to date with shots, good with dogs, and good with cats.
Wade was saved off the euthanasia list at one of the kill shelters. He has those beautiful ice blue eyes that a lot of the cattle dogs have. He is super sweet, outgoing, and very energetic! He would do best with an active family that would take him for a walk for a minimum of 30 minutes a day. He would also be a great hiking partner, or love to go to the dog park! Wade loves to play and is always up for a game of tug-of-war or fetch! When it comes to cuddling, Wade is quite the teddy bear! Even though he weighs 60 pounds, he thinks he is a little lapdog and will happily sit on your lap to cuddle! To funny! He is also very loyal, and likes to sleep on the end of the bed. Wade is very well behaved. He already knows the words crate, fetch, sit, come, and eat. He was a shelter favorite, & the staff was very worried about him when he was on the euthanasia list. This dog has something very special in him!
Age/Birthday: 1 year (B-day: April, 2011)
Weight at last Vet visit: 60 lbs.
This dog/puppy is currently learning:
- To go potty in a certain corner of the yard
- Mailman (to bark when the mail comes)
- Not to dash out the door
- Lay Down
- Ok (This is a command release)
- This way (when you are walking & change direction)
- Drop it
- Scooch (To move out of the way)
- Out (go out of the room)
- Go lay down
- Up High (to stand on their hind legs)
- Back up
- Outside? (if you say this & get a reaction, they need to go outside to go potty)
- Go potty
- To bark when s/he wants to come inside
- Good girl/boy
- Bad girl/boy
- Stand up
- Ready (alerts them you are about to throw something)
- Inside (to go in the crate)
(What each pet learns depends on the foster home they were placed in & how much time that foster has had to work with them)
Cats: He’s great with cats. The current foster has 3, and they get along very well.
Dogs: Great with other dogs, & is submissive. The foster owns 4 others and he loves to play with them! (The other dog in the picture, Duke, is also up for adoption)
Men: Yes, he has picked his foster Dad as his favorite person, & loves to sit on his lap while they watch tv, LOL!
Women: Yes, very loving.
Crate Trained: Yes, he will go right in when asked.
House Trained: Yes.
Leash Trained: Not yet, but his fosters know that he’ll be very easy to teach.
Car: Loves car rides!
Other issues: None, he's WONDERFUL!
Adoption fee is only $75 & includes:
- Spay/Neuter surgery
- Up to date on Vaccinations
- Harness *
- Other surprise goodies from Safe Haven
- Free office visit to Vet or 50% off any Optimum Wellness Plan
- Other coupons from Partners
- Available Paperwork: Spay/Neuter records, Vaccs records, Vet records, Micro records, Recommendation list, etc...
- Continued Support: Safe Haven will be there for the lifetime of your new adopted pet. If you ever have questions or concerns, we will always be there to help. Our goal is for you & your pet to live happily ever after!
If you are interested in adopting this pet, you must be willing to come to Phoenix, AZ to meet them.
Please e-mail for an application
After we receive your application, we will contact you so you can meet him/her. WE ARE CLOSED ON SATURDAY
ADOPTING A CAT OR DOG IS UP TO A 20 YEAR COMMITMENT! THEY ARE NOT OBJECTS THAT YOU CAN GET RID OF WHEN THEY BECOME INCONVENIENT. THEY ARE INNOCENT LIVING, BREATHING ANIMALS WITH FEELINGS THAT DEPEND ON YOU TO TAKE CARE OF THEM. IF YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO TAKE CARE OF, LOVE, & PAY FOR EVERYTHING THIS PET NEEDS FOR UP TO 20 YEARS, THEN PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR AN APPLICATION.
* Safe Haven STRONGLY believes that collars should only be used as decoration. A dog can slip out of collar. Which becomes a problem if your dog gets lost, or you are trying to restrain your dog, & it comes off. Also, attaching a leash to a collar puts pressure on the neck, which is one of the most sensitive areas of the body, & could hurt them. For these reasons, Safe Haven includes a harness with every dog adoption to ensure the safety of the dog, as a harness is more expensive than a collar & some adopters will not buy them for this reason. A harness distributes the weight on the chest & shoulders. It also has a handle on the back that you can grab if need be, without hurting your pet (EX: Dog falls off your boat, just grab the handle & pull your pet back in with no harm done. With a collar, you would have to strangle your dog when pulling your dog in). Also a dog cannot slip out of a harness, so it is much easier to restrain them& they will never loose their ID if they get lost.
If you need harnesses for your other dogs, additional harnesses can be purchased for a reduced price:
$5 for small
$6 for medium
$7 for large
No tax is charged as we are a non-profit