Ruff Ruff! My name is Chico - Only $25 adoption fee!
found a new home!
Plenty of my friends are looking for one too. Find a pet to adopt.
Other Pets at Shelter...
Chico - Only $25 adoption fee!'s Info...
|Breed:||Chihuahua/Terrier (Unknown Type, Small) Mix||Color:||Tan/Yellow/Fawn||Age:||Young|
|Size:||Small 25 lbs (11 kg) or less||Sex:||Male||ID#:||A415608|
This ADORABLE pair was saved off the Euthanasia list at one of the kill shelters. They can be adopted separately, but preference will be given to anyone wanting both because they love each other very much. They are precious, they are playful, and they are absolutely ADORABLE! Their foster Mom calls them "The Twins" because they do everything together! It is so fun to watch them play! They like to play hide and seek. They will dig and run behind couch pillows and get under blankets and look for each other. Chico will put his head down on the couch and all four of his legs in the air until he falls over and she will hide behind pillows or under blankets! To Cute! Everything they do is side-by-side; from eating to running to playing to sleeping. They sleep in identical positions and if one wakes up and moves, the other one follows suit. They have big personalities! While they love to sleep, when they are awake they do nothing but play and snuggle with their foster Mom's family. They are little bundles of joy! Both love to give kisses. Pictures do not do these little ones justice. Both love to be petted and cuddled. They like to burrow under the covers- it is sooooo cute! They are the most bonded pair of dogs I have ever seen. Both dogs have learned several words like sit, stay, stop, down, No, crate, & come.
Frostie: 7 month old, female, 7 lbs (She is the lighter colored one)
Chico: 1 yr old, male, 8 lbs
This dog/puppy is currently learning:
- To go potty in a certain corner of the yard
- Mailman (to bark when the mail comes)
- Not to dash out the door
- Lay Down
- Ok (This is a command release)
- This way (when you are walking & change direction)
- Drop it
- Scooch (To move out of the way)
- Out (go out of the room)
- Go lay down
- Up High (to stand on their hind legs)
- Back up
- Outside? (if you say this & get a reaction, they need to go outside to go potty)
- Go potty
- To bark when s/he wants to come inside
- Good girl/boy
- Bad girl/boy
- Stand up
- Ready (alerts them you are about to throw something)
- Inside (to go in the crate)
(What each pet learns depends on the foster home they were placed in & how much time that foster has had to work with them)
Cats: Very good with cats, & are playful with them! They lived with cats in their previous home, & also live with 2 cats in their foster home. (make sure the cat food is in a high place though, or they will eat it).
Dogs: Yes, they lived with a 6 yr old female dog in their previous home, and currently live with a big 70-pound, 7 yr old male dog (Raja) in their foster home. The both of them will curl up next to Raja during the day and sleep on the couch. They like to play with him & follow him around everywhere. To cute!
Kids: Very friendly and very lovable with all sizes/ages of infants, toddlers and kids.
Men: Yes, currently live with two. They are very skittish at first, but love to give kisses once they know you well.
Women: Yes, currently live with three. They are very skittish at first, but love to give kisses once they know you well.
Crate Trained: Yes, they will go right in when you say "crate", & are very well behaved in it.
House Trained: Yes, they are crated every night and they are on a schedule for going outside & have done great with that.
Leash Trained: Both walk very well with leashes. Chico usually walks in front, Frosty behind.
Car: Dogs love to ride in the car, but only if they are together.
Other issues: None, they're adorable!
Adoption fee is only $25, & includes:
- Spay/Neuter surgery
- Up to date on Vaccinations
- Harness *
- Other surprise goodies from Safe Haven
- Free office visit to Vet or 50% off any Optimum Wellness Plan
- Other coupons from Partners
- Available Paperwork: Spay/Neuter records, Vaccs records, Vet records, Micro records, Recommendation list, etc...
- Continued Support: Safe Haven will be there for the lifetime of your new adopted pet. If you ever have questions or concerns, we will always be there to help. Our goal is for you & your pet to live happily ever after!
If you are interested in adopting this pet, you must be willing to come to Phoenix, AZ to meet them.
Please e-mail for an application
After we receive your application, we will contact you so you can meet him/her. WE ARE CLOSED ON SATURDAYS
ADOPTING A CAT OR DOG IS UP TO A 20 YEAR COMMITMENT! THEY ARE NOT OBJECTS THAT YOU CAN GET RID OF WHEN THEY BECOME INCONVENIENT. THEY ARE INNOCENT LIVING, BREATHING ANIMALS WITH FEELINGS THAT DEPEND ON YOU TO TAKE CARE OF THEM. IF YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO TAKE CARE OF, LOVE, & PAY FOR EVERYTHING THIS PET NEEDS FOR UP TO 20 YEARS, THEN PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR AN APPLICATION.
* Safe Haven STRONGLY believes that collars should only be used as decoration. A dog can slip out of collar. Which becomes a problem if your dog gets lost, or you are trying to restrain your dog, & it comes off. Also, attaching a leash to a collar puts pressure on the neck, which is one of the most sensitive areas of the body, & could hurt them. For these reasons, Safe Haven includes a harness with every dog adoption to ensure the safety of the dog, as a harness is more expensive than a collar & some adopters will not buy them for this reason. A harness distributes the weight on the chest & shoulders. It also has a handle on the back that you can grab if need be, without hurting your pet (EX: Dog falls off your boat, just grab the handle & pull your pet back in with no harm done. With a collar, you would have to strangle your dog when pulling your dog in). Also a dog cannot slip out of a harness, so it is much easier to restrain them& they will never loose their ID if they get lost.
If you need harnesses for your other dogs, additional harnesses can be purchased for a reduced price:
$5 for small
$6 for medium
$7 for large
No tax is charged as we are a non-profit
Rescue Group Info...
Safe Haven Animal Rescue of AZ is a non-profit, no-kill animal rescue. We house all the pets through foster volunteers in a safe, loving home environment while they wait to be adopted.
Safe Havens goals are to save these pets from certain death by taking pets off the euthanasia list at kill shelters, & taking in owner surrenders.
Safe Haven also plans to work to get the laws changed in AZ to stop cruelty, & so that overpopulation is never again a reason that an animal is killed.
Safe Haven was started because Maricopa County has the second highest kill rate in the whole country for killing sweet, loving, adoptable pets for no other reason than pet overpopulation. With rates increasing as the economy drops. We could no longer stand by & watch.
*******We DESPERATELY need fosters for dogs & cats, (puppies & kittens too)!!! You can pick what type you want to foster, & tell us exactly what you want. You can take breaks in between your fosters for as long as you want. All we ask is that if you agree to foster, that you keep that pet until it is adopted. We will accommodate you any way we can. Safe Haven pays for all medical, & we can pay for the food too. With the recession, Maricopa County is getting animal turn-ins at record breaking numbers. The more fosters we can get, the more pets we can pull off the euthanasia list. If you are interested in fostering, please e-mail for our foster form. In it, you can tell us exactly what you want. Fosters will be chosen for you according to your answers. Thanks! *******
We are open everyday except Saturday, in order to honor the Sabbath.
Just e-mail for an application. A Safe Haven representative will contact you to set up a meeting so you can meet the pet you are interested in. If it is love at first sight, you can adopt them right then & there!
Safe Haven Animal Rescue of AZ is currently serving all of Maricopa County in AZ (Phoenix, Scottsdale, Mesa, Tempe, Glendale, etc...)
Eventually, our goal is to do adoptions across the country.