Facts about Luna the Lab Mix
- Breed: Terrier (Unknown Type, Medium)/Labrador Retriever Mix
- Color: White
- Age: Adult
- Size: Large 61-100 lbs (28-45 kg)
- Sex: Female
- ID#: 2980231-1353
My name is Luna the Lab Mix!
Luna the Lab Mix's Info...
I am already spayed, housetrained, purebred, up to date with shots, and good with dogs.
You can fill out an adoption application online on our official website.
Luna is an super sweet, cute, smart and lovable dog that is very devoted to her family. She gets along and is very gentle and loving with the adults and children that she knows and is very protective of the everyone in our house. She very much wants and works to please her owner. She is totally house broken and knows many commands like sit, stay (working on this), comes when you call her and doesn’t run away, rolls over on command and turns around. She loves to learn new tricks and loves to play ball although she doesn’t always like to give it up. She has NEVER chewed anything in our house besides her toys, doesn’t dig or tear anything up. She prefers to curl up with someone at night but will sleep in her bed. She sometimes thinks she’s a lap dog and tries to “sneek” on your lap which is funny. Our ONLY issue with Luna is that she tries to nip/bite people when she first meets them (sometimes with a growl or sometimes with no warning). After the initial meeting she is fine but she displays slight fear aggression at first meeting. This is a problem for our family because we have constant visitors staying and kids in and out. She is in training for this but we feel that this issue is too much for our family. We love Luna and are devastated at having to say goodbye, but we feel that Luna will be better served in a loving home with less visitors and kids. With someone who can work on this issue with her and give her lots of love and attention.
Foster Update 9/18: We've been fostering Luna for about a month now so we wanted to update her profile. She has such an amazing personality! It is shocking she hasn't been adopted yet! She was very quick to adapt to our home and has always been well behaved. Here are some other things we've found out about Luna:
- 100% house trained- she has never had an accident!
- She loves chew toys and playing fetch
- Knows how to sit, stay, lay down, and roll over!
- Responds very well to her name
- Sleeps on her doggie bed peacefully throughout the night. Occasionally, she will wake us up for amidnight bathroom break.
- Walks very well on a leash
- Initially fearful around our male dog but now thoroughly enjoys his company
- Absolutely loves to cuddle
- Initially showed signs of separation anxiety when left alone- we found putting her in a crate in a bedroom helps ease her anxiety.
- Barks when she hears noises outside the house
- Cautious when meeting new people
Visit this organization's web site to see any additional information available about this pet.