Ruff Ruff! My name is Arnold (aka Puppy)
Arnold (aka Puppy)'s Info...
|Breed:||American Pit Bull Terrier/Labrador Retriever Mix||Color:||Brown/Chocolate - With Tan||Age:||Puppy|
|Size:||Med. 26-60 lbs (12-27 kg)||Sex:||Male|
I am already neutered, housetrained, up to date with shots, good with dogs, and good with cats.
Arnold is the last of a litter of six puppies born approximately 10/27/12. He was rescued along with his mom, dad, and five sibling from an abandoned garage. Arnold, aka Puppy, loves the other dogs at his foster home. He spends most of his time with his foster brother Wilson, but loves his dachshund foster siblings, too. He likes to be with people and is perfectly happy to cuddle up in your lap (even though he doesn't fit very well anymore) or stretch out in bed with you. Puppy lives in a foster home with a cat that he will chase, but doesn't try to hurt. Unfortunately, Puppy is not a fan of adoption events and tends to hide at the back of his crate and avoid new people- he is a completely different dog at home. He is a goofy, fun loving guy who you can't help but love. He is a higher energy boy that loves to run in the yard, and he can keep himself entertained with his racquet ball for hours. He loves water and is happy to go swimming or be sprayed with the hose on a hot day. Puppy can be bull-headed at times, but can be quite clever when he wants something. He knows a few commands (he responds best to hand signals) and is already house trained. He likes his crate and is used to being in it for the day and will even hang out in it when his foster family is home. Puppy will require a forever home with another medium or large sized dog and would do best in a home with a fenced in yard to run in. We feel that he should go to a calmer home without small children as he does spook easily, especially when there is a lot of commotion.
Rescue Group Info...
Home FurEver is a non-profit, no kill, foster based canine rescue.
We are always looking for foster homes and volunteers to keep our mission going. Please contact us if you can help!
Our Saturday adoption events rotate between the Troy Petco on Coolidge and 15 Mile and Petco in Roseville on Gratiot and Masonic from 12-4pm. Click on our home page to see our calendar for dates.
Please call or email us to confirm that the dog you are interested in will be attending the adoption event.
Home Fur-Ever requires all potential adopters to complete an application process. The application is to be completed in person at one of our adoption events, followed by a face-to-face interview with our founder and director. We do home inspections to insure that the home is the right fit for the dog. Please note we really can't drive more than an hour for a home inspection. At this time, we can not accommodate out of state adoptions.
Adoption fees range from $225-$350. Adoption fees help to cover the costs of vet care that each dog receives while in our care.
We require that all puppies are spayed or neutered at six months of age, and will follow up with adopters to verify that the procedure has been competed. Basic training classes are also required for all dogs and puppies.
All bully breed dogs require homes with fully fenced yards to ensure their safety and well-being.
- We ask for your patience as we review your application. Home Fur-ever receives numerous applications and cannot respond to every one individually.
- Approved applicants are based on best fit, not first submitted. HOME FUR-EVER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REFUSE ANY APPLICANT, so please understand that it is within our discretion to make those decisions on behalf of our animals.
- OUR ADOPTION EVENTS ARE VERY BUSY so please keep that in mind if you intend to come. You should expect to spend some time there if you are sincerely interested in one of our animals. We have limited manpower and many applicants to screen.
-Due to space limitations, WE CANNOT GUARANTEE THAT THE RESCUE YOU ARE INTERESTED IN WILL BE AT THE ADOPTION EVENT (we are oftentimes saving up to 100 animals at a time!) We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause.
- We ask that you DO NOT contact Petco about our animals. They are kind enough to provide space for our adoption events, but are not involved with our rescue work.
- If a rescue is "PENDING" it is currently in the process of being adopted, but may be available in the future if it is not finalized.
- Keep in mind that we depend 100% on volunteers, most of whom have full-time jobs and families and so we ask for your understanding as we do the best we can in the endless effort to find homes for these deserving animals!
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN A RESCUE!
We serve the Metro Detroit area. We cannot accommodate out of state adoptions at this time.